“Don't bother to go there!”
Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #20 of 263 Restaurants in Noumea
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2019

Went there with my wife on recommendation.. What a disappointment.
The Lasagna was disgusting. .Was just three layers of pasta with minced meat in between. The meat was black on the edges, like if it had been recooked after being kept in fridge. No sauce or tomato flavour to it. It was just a minced meat steak. When I complained to the waitress the owner came out and was arrogant. She tried to tell me I dis not know what I was talking about. She also tried to tell me that Beef Lasagna varied from one restaurant to the others and same in Italy and more or less did not know what I was talking about.!!?? Load of garbage. We eat italian every week and we have travelled all over the world. and never come across not only such bad quality food but also such an arrogant chef/restaurant owner. who walked away.
Place to avoid when in Noumea. There a lot of other italian restaurants to enjoy.in Noumea

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed January 8, 2019

We really liked Casa Italia. Staff friendly and good service, food was delicious, price for Noumea cheap.

Don't stay in Hotels for food and enjoy a place like Casa Italia.

Two seating area - outside smoking, inside non-smoking.
If it is not busy, outside is ok, even if it smoking try to get a table bit closer to the entrance.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

This is our favourite restaurant for Italian food. Never disappoints. Good wine list. Good service. We are regulars at this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Well bruschetta a rip off at all levels anyway as well as the pizza ...: the bruschetta white bread not a bruschetta I had ever seen before !! So poor and tasteless !! The pizza filled with cheese with no tomato sauce while the base was not properly cooked ... so really people who rate this restaurant as "Italian" have never been in one before !!! CRAP absolute rip off!! Some take away pizza truck around the town can do so much better !!!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank pascalgarcia
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Luttle hidden gem mostly visited by locals. The bread and pastas are hand made. I bit of a walk from Anse Vate or get the 70 bus or taxi. Plan on another visit before we leave. Loved it. Nice wines.

Date of visit: March 2018