We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on 2 separate occasions before and after our visit to the Isle of Pines in September. On both occasions we were allocated a suite on the highest (7th floor) as requested.
Overall, this is a very good resort, clean, and in a perfect beachfront position at Anse Vata Beach.
Hotel staff are generally pleasant, and most speak some English. If you know some French, give it a go, as you will usually receive better and friendlier service.
The inclusive breakfast is OK, with a wide range of hot and cold food. The coffee available is out of a machine and not very nice though. For most of our stay we self catered, using the limited kitchen (there were pots and a pan , but only 1 cooking utensil - a wooden spoon!). We ate once in the hotel restaurant on one evening and the meal was lovely.
There is a bus stop just across the road from the resort. A bus ride is 210XPF per person, apparently regardless of distance travelled. It will take you to the centre of the city in about 15 minutes. Many cafes and restaurants are walking distance from the resort.
A few negatives we experienced were:
1. Hotel did not organise transfer from airport as pre-arranged. I had to manage this myself on arrival to Noumea. Then the hotel tried to add the transfer cost onto my bill!
2. Hotel can be noisy at night (nightclub downstairs plus Meridien hotel next door generates a lot of noise). One night the noise was still going from the nightclub at 3am.
3. An earlier check-in was declined. We arrived at the hotel at 1pm, and were told to come back at 2pm. The receptionist suggested we go and have a drink in the bar....and wait out the 1 hour.
4. Bathroom showers drain very slowly, so your showers need to be quick.
5. English channels on TV worked only occasionally.
Our overall experience was positive, and would stay at this resort again given its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Royal Beach Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tera Beach And Spa
- Royal Tera Beach Hotel Noumea