Review Highlights
Lovely diving and helpful staff

Reviewed October 9, 2018
Lisa U
Coffs Harbour, Australia
via mobile
Some of the best diving I've done in the South Pacific

Reviewed September 8, 2018
Catherine H
Melbourne, Australia

All reviews great diving dive sites these guys steel tanks small boat manta rays hotel pickup sea life new caledonia fish briefing lionel zodiac dived visibility equipment safety
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

An amazing couple of dives under the friendly, professional guidance of Eric. Treated to a shoal of sharks, magical coral gardens and a close encounter with a gigantic manta ❤️ Boat was managed really well...great people and safe operators. Even a hotel pickup/drop off Thanks guys.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

The coral in noumea was beautiful and the fish were lovely. We were glad of the chance for an afternoon dive whilst visiting.
Noumea. Lionel helped with all of our enquires in a professional and prompt manner. Thank you for a lovely dive!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

I've dived in many countries in the South Pacific and have to say my experience with Abyss Plongee has been one of the best. We had a perfect, calm day with excellent visibility. The staff were professional and fun, very high-quality and well-maintained equipment and boat and excellent dive sites. Highly recommend New Caledonia for some of the most amazing diving in the South Pacific.

1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Great company to dive with very professional and helpful. Healthy corals and a wide variety of fish.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We went to two dive sites in the morning. I was picked up from my hotel at around 7:15am and dropped off in the afternoon around 2pm. The fast RIB took us way out past the lagoon reef and and we visited beautiful sites with heaps of fish. The second dive we swam with at least 6 manta rays with was sensational.

Great guide, good equipment and overall excellent value (10,500xpf for the two dives including gear). Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

5* regarding safety and diving spots. 3 dives on a riff including sharks etc. Professional guides and good equipment. Felt always safe and comfortable.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

I just finished a week of diving with Abyss and it was excellent fun. The dive masters/instructors are friendly and knowledgeable. The safety briefings were good (in French and in English if need be) and dives conducted safely.

Equipment looked to be in good condition, but I had my own, so did not use the op's equipment. I really enjoyed diving with the steel tanks - lighter and smaller than aluminium and I needed less weight. Also, it was really good to see a dive op where DMs do not try to overweigh the divers and actually advised some divers to take less weight!

The dives are conducted from a relatively small boat (about a 9m rigid bottom zodiac), so if you are used to the huge tourist dive boats, this can come as a bit of a shock. However, dive sites are not too far away (all within less than half hour) and it makes for much easier entries into water (just roll back). It looks like every dive op in Noumea uses similar boats, so those who cannot handle being in a small boat may be advised to dive elsewhere. I did find climbing the ladders with equipment a bit difficult, but there was always the option to take my equipment off in the water and other help provided when needed (and to be honest, always have issues getting back onto the boat with the equipment - most people will have no probs)

The diving was great. The coral reefs are not as spectacular as some other countries in the region (eg Fiji), but the sea life is abundant, so there is plenty to see and the currents were not too strong.

Definitely recommend Abyss for divers in Noumea.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

I dived with these guys for 4 days in October 2017 and would happily recommend them. I tacked some diving onto a work trip and wouldn't have thought of Noumea as a dive destination, and was happily impressed with the diving (and Abyss Plongee!)
They dive from a large zodiac, leaving about 0745 from the port and returning early afternoon. Two dives with the dive interval spent on the boat. This can get a little rough so take sea-sickness medications if you are so inclined.
The timing of the diving was good in that it left me with the afternoon to spend with family / doing non dive stuff but also because the wind seems to get up in the afternoon.
Hotel pickup was included and on time.
The diving was great and much better than I had thought it would be. Lots and lots of sharks and the hard coral seemed to be in condition. We had no mantas - apparently too cold in winter. The water temp was 22 degrees - 7 ml wetsuit territory. Plenty of turtles, moray eels, we dived one wreck... lots of 'Dory' fish - (palette surgeonfish!)
Friendly staff. I had my own gear but their gear seemed in good condition. Briefings given in both French & English. Communication not an issue if you're not French speaking.
The size of the group depended on the day. One day I had a dive master to myself, other times up to 6 divers per dive guide.
The diving was also very well priced - much cheaper than what I'd pay for 2 boat dives in NZ!!!
Cheers

1  Thank centralpinotlover
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Denis and Eric were great. Dives were easy to book. They picked up and dropped off from hotel. Dive gear was new and the dive sites were varied. Getting two dives into one morning was ideal as I could spend the afternoon with family. Highly recommended.

2  Thank andrew s
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Had two great diving with Abyss. The first day was fantastic with 40 + m visibility. The second day the weather and wind set in but the guys took us to two protected dive sites which were fantastic dives with 15 m visibility. An instructor went with each group so we could relax and enjoy the dive. I'm told the marine life is not as abundant as the warmer months but even in winter, there was plenty of wild life include sharks and large green turtles. I was 1 of 2 English speaking guests one day and the only one on the second day but was never an issue and the instructors were good enough with their English. The guys picked me up from the hotel at 7am and after 2 dives, I was dropped off again at around 1.30pm. Great couple of days!

1  Thank Douglas K