Review Highlights
Great people and safe operators

An amazing couple of dives under the friendly, professional guidance of Eric. Treated to a shoal of... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Simon G
via mobile
Some of the best diving I've done in the South Pacific

Reviewed September 8, 2018
Catherine H
Melbourne, Australia

All reviews great diving dive sites these guys steel tanks small boat manta rays sea life new caledonia fish briefing zodiac dived visibility equipment wreck safety wetsuits
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I've dived in many countries in the South Pacific and have to say my experience with Abyss Plongee has been one of the best. We had a perfect, calm day with excellent visibility. The staff were professional and fun, very high-quality and well-maintained equipment and boat and excellent dive sites. Highly recommend New Caledonia for some of the most amazing diving in the South Pacific.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Great company to dive with very professional and helpful. Healthy corals and a wide variety of fish.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We went to two dive sites in the morning. I was picked up from my hotel at around 7:15am and dropped off in the afternoon around 2pm. The fast RIB took us way out past the lagoon reef and and we visited beautiful sites with heaps of fish. The second dive we swam with at least 6 manta rays with was sensational.

Great guide, good equipment and overall excellent value (10,500xpf for the two dives including gear). Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

5* regarding safety and diving spots. 3 dives on a riff including sharks etc. Professional guides and good equipment. Felt always safe and comfortable.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

I just finished a week of diving with Abyss and it was excellent fun. The dive masters/instructors are friendly and knowledgeable. The safety briefings were good (in French and in English if need be) and dives conducted safely.

Equipment looked to be in good condition, but I had my own, so did not use the op's equipment. I really enjoyed diving with the steel tanks - lighter and smaller than aluminium and I needed less weight. Also, it was really good to see a dive op where DMs do not try to overweigh the divers and actually advised some divers to take less weight!

The dives are conducted from a relatively small boat (about a 9m rigid bottom zodiac), so if you are used to the huge tourist dive boats, this can come as a bit of a shock. However, dive sites are not too far away (all within less than half hour) and it makes for much easier entries into water (just roll back). It looks like every dive op in Noumea uses similar boats, so those who cannot handle being in a small boat may be advised to dive elsewhere. I did find climbing the ladders with equipment a bit difficult, but there was always the option to take my equipment off in the water and other help provided when needed (and to be honest, always have issues getting back onto the boat with the equipment - most people will have no probs)

The diving was great. The coral reefs are not as spectacular as some other countries in the region (eg Fiji), but the sea life is abundant, so there is plenty to see and the currents were not too strong.

Definitely recommend Abyss for divers in Noumea.