Review Highlights
Great people and safe operators

An amazing couple of dives under the friendly, professional guidance of Eric. Treated to a shoal of... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Simon G
via mobile
Lovely diving and helpful staff

The coral in noumea was beautiful and the fish were lovely. We were glad of the chance for an... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lisa U
Coffs Harbour, Australia
via mobile

All reviews great diving dive sites these guys steel tanks small boat manta rays sea life new caledonia fish briefing zodiac dived visibility equipment wreck safety wetsuits
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Great company to dive with very professional and helpful. Healthy corals and a wide variety of fish.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We went to two dive sites in the morning. I was picked up from my hotel at around 7:15am and dropped off in the afternoon around 2pm. The fast RIB took us way out past the lagoon reef and and we visited beautiful sites with heaps of fish. The second dive we swam with at least 6 manta rays with was sensational.

Great guide, good equipment and overall excellent value (10,500xpf for the two dives including gear). Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

5* regarding safety and diving spots. 3 dives on a riff including sharks etc. Professional guides and good equipment. Felt always safe and comfortable.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

I just finished a week of diving with Abyss and it was excellent fun. The dive masters/instructors are friendly and knowledgeable. The safety briefings were good (in French and in English if need be) and dives conducted safely.

Equipment looked to be in good condition, but I had my own, so did not use the op's equipment. I really enjoyed diving with the steel tanks - lighter and smaller than aluminium and I needed less weight. Also, it was really good to see a dive op where DMs do not try to overweigh the divers and actually advised some divers to take less weight!

The dives are conducted from a relatively small boat (about a 9m rigid bottom zodiac), so if you are used to the huge tourist dive boats, this can come as a bit of a shock. However, dive sites are not too far away (all within less than half hour) and it makes for much easier entries into water (just roll back). It looks like every dive op in Noumea uses similar boats, so those who cannot handle being in a small boat may be advised to dive elsewhere. I did find climbing the ladders with equipment a bit difficult, but there was always the option to take my equipment off in the water and other help provided when needed (and to be honest, always have issues getting back onto the boat with the equipment - most people will have no probs)

The diving was great. The coral reefs are not as spectacular as some other countries in the region (eg Fiji), but the sea life is abundant, so there is plenty to see and the currents were not too strong.

Definitely recommend Abyss for divers in Noumea.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

I dived with these guys for 4 days in October 2017 and would happily recommend them. I tacked some diving onto a work trip and wouldn't have thought of Noumea as a dive destination, and was happily impressed with the diving (and Abyss Plongee!)
They dive from a large zodiac, leaving about 0745 from the port and returning early afternoon. Two dives with the dive interval spent on the boat. This can get a little rough so take sea-sickness medications if you are so inclined.
The timing of the diving was good in that it left me with the afternoon to spend with family / doing non dive stuff but also because the wind seems to get up in the afternoon.
Hotel pickup was included and on time.
The diving was great and much better than I had thought it would be. Lots and lots of sharks and the hard coral seemed to be in condition. We had no mantas - apparently too cold in winter. The water temp was 22 degrees - 7 ml wetsuit territory. Plenty of turtles, moray eels, we dived one wreck... lots of 'Dory' fish - (palette surgeonfish!)
Friendly staff. I had my own gear but their gear seemed in good condition. Briefings given in both French & English. Communication not an issue if you're not French speaking.
The size of the group depended on the day. One day I had a dive master to myself, other times up to 6 divers per dive guide.
The diving was also very well priced - much cheaper than what I'd pay for 2 boat dives in NZ!!!
Cheers