All reviews le pacifique across the road anse vata beach round bath bus stop location is great microwave and fridge an ocean view room big room french language duck town centre cafes and restaurants buffet breakfast island twin bay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019

I thought hard about whether to rate this two or three stars. I decided on three because the room was clean; it was furnished with a microwave and refrigerator; the bed was comfortable; the location was near the beach; the pools are OK; and the price was reasonable for where it was.

Now the bad stuff. My room -- and a third of the rooms in my tower -- overlooked an open-air mall/entertainment place. As soon as I walked into my room, I was met by the boom! boom! of the beat of the music down there. It was so loud, no amount of white noise could cover it. I hoped it would stop at 1 or 2 am -- it was a weeknight -- but it didn't stop until around 3. (On Friday night, it was 4). I went to the front desk and asked to change rooms, but was told "there is no other room available in your room category" (the middle one). I guess they were hoping I would pay to upgrade (they didn't offer this), but I thought that would reward them for what they did, and there was no guarantee the other room wouldn't also be affected, so I accepted my "punishment room" for the duration. Double glazing on the windows could possibly help the situation, but that's not how this hotel thinks. After my late night, the cleaning staff was pounding on the door at 8:30 am -- not good for a leisure destination.

I heard good things in general about the food in the area, so I tried the hotel's $47 lunch buffet (you get a 15% discount if you're staying in the hotel). This is not a true buffet -- you get one grilled main course, while the salads/appetizers and desserts are unlimited -- and I have to say it was mediocre. The salads had virtually no protein choices -- no chicken salad, no tuna salad, etc. (although there was a kind of tuna sushi, but not with sushi-grade tuna). There was one uninteresting soup. I have to admit the desserts were pretty good, but overall there was no value here. I therefore skipped the $34 breakfast (only $28 if you're at the hotel!).

The front desk people evidently answer the phones as well, so checking in can take a while if there's any kind of line. Evidently the check-in process also requires a lot of steps on the computer.

I suspect this hotel/restaurant is handled in this way is because the parent company owns several more-upscale hotels in the immediate vicinity, and they don't want to cannibalize them by making this one too nice.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
nouvata2019, Direction Nouvata at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment about your recent stay with us. This helps us to improve further our product and services and reach the high level of service we aim to achieve.
We are sorry to learn that our hotel did not match your expectations and wish to let you know that major improvements are planned regarding rooms and restaurant.
We also take very seriously your comment about the general service in our hotel and have already implemented actions to improve it.
We truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

I was in a premium room with a large bathroom and living area, and walk in wardrobe where the coffee supplies and mini fridge were also located. A microwave would have been a great addition.
The view from the 5th floor was ok, I had a great view of the garden and pool, and could just see the water and beach from the balcony over the other building. I enjoyed spending some time reading on the balcony.
The buffet restaurant belonging to the hotel was ok, but not very busy which was telling. There were some good items at breakfast and the dessert bar at night, but are so many better places to eat nearby. The Code bar was good for drinks, but the food not so great. You need to be able to speak some basic French at the restaurant and bar.
The location is one of the best points about this hotel. A great walking path along Anse Vata beach is just across the road, and there are lots of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby. The aquarium is a short walk up the road; Ouen Toro and Lemon Bay are close. The city itself is too far to walk to (for me anyway!); as the hotel is located in an area dense with other hotels and a definite tourism focus.
Yes, the TV channels are all French, but that should be expected. Two channels are local New Caledonia stations that have local content and some great music videos!
I was able to get by on the free 250MB wifi, as long as I set my phone to be conservative with usage.
The air con worked fine for me, and dried out my clothes that had become saturated in the rain the day before. The bathroom looked like it had an Australian power point as well as the EU ones.
There was a bit of an ant issue, so I kept my croissants and eclair chocolat in the fridge.
Staff were all very friendly and provided excellent service (and spoke English), even at 5am as I left for the airport.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

This is a very sincere feedback that you give and we would like to thank you for that. Comments from our guests are very important to us and we take them very seriously to improve our product and services. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at Le Nouvata Hotel and the surroundings.
We are happy to kwow that our staff helped you efficiently.
Regarding the barrier of language, please be assured that actions were implemented.
We truly hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcoming you back.
Best regards

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Booked for 3 nights because of 8.5 rating & listing as premium room. Checking out in the morning & could not recommend No English TV. Only French stations See photos of room Sub standard Advertised free Wi Fi. Only minimal access then you have to purchase. Meal returned due to meat being raw with no refund Could not recommend this hotel I can give only 1 for the view

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We do apologize to hear about your unpleasant experience at Le Nouvata Hotel.
We take very seriously your comment and have already implemented actions to improve it.
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2019

The hotel is just across the road from the beach. There are bars and restaurants along the sea front. The hotel boasts of entertainment and a pool and meals in their restaurant. We asked for a sea view and we had a sea view to the front of the hotel.
It's not the poshiest place around, but it has a great location and everything you want . Food is not cheap here. Local bakery is minutes walk for fresh bread and pastries every day, plus there are a few shops in the hotel area and hairdresser.
Wifi .... only 250mb a day. we had to buy our own .

Room tip: rooms overlooking the pool with balconies are more expensive but worth paying the extra for.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks a lot for taking time to write your feedback regarding our property. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay in Noumea.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2019

I guess it rates the 3 stars because the hotel has the services required for this rating. However it is quite old and very much in need of renovation. For example, one elevator out of 2 was out of service for almost our entire stay. Everything is dated and worn, especially in the suite, with all sorts of marks and damage from years of use. However, the location is good, across from the beach and on a strip of shopping and eating.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas V

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay.
Your comments have been shared to related departments for immediate action and improvements.
Best Regards,