“Sea and hill view room”
Review of Nouvata

Nouvata
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Noumea
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a lovely large room with circular bath and twin sinks.
Pity the hotel pool was being renovated but could be a great complex end of 2013. But, maybe this is why we were allocated this lovely room with sea views at the front, including a balcony, and views to the hills on exit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank APatS
GLPhotelsNoumea, Responsable réception at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We have taken note of your comments, which are of valuable assistance to us, in order to constantly improve our service.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our 7 night stay at the Le Nouvata. We arrived at the hotel in the very early hours of the morning on the day which just happened to be my wife's birthday. I'd emailed at relatively short notice (the previous morning) asking the hotel if they could arrange for some birthday flowers to be in the room. And a beautiful bouquet of flowers indeed greeted us. So the hotel gets a big thumbs up from me for that alone! Generally I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and flexible. I hesitate though in giving the hotel an "Excellent" rating for the following reasons:
- in the corridor on the second floor (outside our room) the place had quite a musty smell. It wasn't an issue in our room though.
- we noticed for the first couple of nights the faint smell of cigarette smoke in our room. I'm not used to having to ask for a non-smoking room, but maybe that's a lesson for me. Possibly it was a non-smoking room but someone broke the rules.
- the wonderful pool was closed for repairs. It wasn't an issue for us because we were interested in other things, and I actually knew about it because friends of ours also staying there did get an email from the hotel advising them of the renovations and offering to move them to another hotel. I'm guessing we somehow got left off the list. As I say though, it wasn't a problem for us, but I could imagine that a family travelling with young kids could have been pretty disappointed.
Apart from those suggestions for improvement though, I was really happy with the hotel. It's certainly in a great location and has some outstanding staff.

Room Tip: Consider paying a little extra for an ocean view. It might be wise to confirm that the room is non...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GLPhotelsNoumea, Responsable réception at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback following your recent stay at Nouvata Parc Complex.
We are delighted that your recent stay with us met with your expectations.
The pool is indeed on repair, but we do not hesitate to find solution with customers to make their stay enjoyable.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Noumea is notoriously expensive and this hotel is one of the cheapest in the Anse Vata area. It has a great position and once the pool is re-opened in October it will have everything you need. It is part of a 3 hotel complex, with Le Pacifique being the cheapest and least deluxe of the 3 at around AUD$130 per night. Only downside is a small hot water service, so make sure whoever is in the shower first, doesn't take too long - there is enough for at least 3 x 5 minute showers, before it starts to lose heat. Reception was always friendly and helpful. Pull out washing line in bath section to hang towels on, as there is no towel rails, but if you are getting fresh ones each day not a drama.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Graham M
GLPhotelsNoumea, Responsable réception at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I checked-in in early March late in the evening. Service at reception was brisk and thorough as well as a smile through the duration of the check-in. I had just stepped off the plane for a eight month stay in New Caledonia so I was already feeling a little homesick but the service at reception was really heartwarming (if that is possible)
The carpeting in the foyer of the Le Pacifique was musty and smelt like it had been there for a while but I'm not one to be brought down by such trivial faults.
I stayed for five nights while attending orientation sessions in the city and I must say I enjoyed the stay. If you have a choice, make sure you include breakfast in your booking. Being a Pacific Islander, when it is time to eat, I eat. So the big spread every morning was well utilised and appreciated.
My room overlooked the Anse Vata beach and the bay and it was indeed a heavenly view especially at sunset and sunrise (yes, I was up that early!) Sunday was quite a treat as the beaches filled with families who came to enjoy the sun and surf.
There are quite a number of restaurants, cafes and boutiques for the touristy people and that's always a bonus.
However, I didn't like was the distance from the city centre. I love my walks and I would have loved to have seen the city centre in my first couple of days but this proved immpossible due to time constraints and lack of information. The hotel is about 15 minutes by bus but the bus system is different here and I was stumped by the language barrier (French) to even begin to try to use the public transport.
And the wi-fi wasn't much to write home about. It took ages to open simple webpages and the signal dropped out alot. I was on the 6th floor so I'm wondering if it was just the signal getting lost enroute.
And while looking for dinner in the evenings, it wasn't uncommon to stumble upon groups of people huddled around the boot/trunk of a car, music blaring and having a drink. It's fun and games when starting out but after a couple of hours, tensions tend to run hot and fights can break out. Just be mindful of your surroundings, I guess.
But, I loved the hotel. End of story. :)

Room Tip: The windows open so if you have children, request a lower level room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LegendaryG
GLPhotelsNoumea, Responsable réception at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

It will be our pleasure to share your positive comments with our staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were here with a group and I was surprised to find that the hotel doesn't provide hand towels or face clothes and there are no towel racks in the bathroom to hang your towel when you are finished. The pool is closed until October of 2013, so if you are expecting the gorgeous pool, you will be disappointed. You can use the smaller pool at the Promenade, but it is about a 5-7 minute walk. We also had an ant problem in our room, so don't leave any food in unsealed containers. The maintenance people sprayed, but they were back in the bathroom the next day.

Room Tip: The pool view is now a construction zone view, so choose a beach view if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CandaceLee52

Dear Guest,

These Comments have been discussed with the different hotel departments concerned.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here on a 27-hour stopover en route to Vanuatu. Airport transfer provided (extra $$), good room, nice view, comfortable bed, nothing to complain about except the disproportionate price tag. Of course this is true of all NC so not really to complain about. To compare, same standard as Ibis Hôtels in France at four times the price.

Room Tip: As high as possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GLPhotelsNoumea, Responsable réception at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was here with a school group so we were in the 3 star section. Everything you could need was available from fridge, microwave and kettle as well as plates and knives and forks. View over the pool was a bonus.
Every thing worked which is not the case in all hotels and the buffet breakfast is right up there with the best catering for all tastes and nationalities. The other two hotels in the complex are probably 4 star as I saw one room and it had magnificent views over Anse Vata beach and was not at all expensive for the quality of the room. About A$160
All buses and tours go right past the door and many snack bars and restaurants are on your door step as well as the hotel restaurant. Great to walk to another beach too called Baie de Citrons. All clean and no big waves with pontoons.

• Stayed: April 2013
GLPhotelsNoumea, Responsable réception at Nouvata, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013