“it was recommended so we went”

L’Entrecote Au 360
Ranked #107 of 213 Restaurants in Noumea
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne
“it was recommended so we went”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice, once for dinner and then later for breakfast. To be honest dinner was great and really yummy, but very expensive and as it was night we really didn't get the benefit of the view. Note though there were two blackouts over a wide part of the city whilst we were there so that was "interesting". It was hilarious during breakfast because I realised that we could see right into the bedrooms of an adjacent hotel on the same level. We didn't see anything but it would be uncomfortable for the hotel guests to realise they were part of the entertainment! Great views of the whole of Noumea and the lagoon, certainly didn't realise the lake at the racecourse was that big - however, the breakfast food was a bit of a disappointment sad to say.

• Visited October 2013

“So good we went back for the 'menu degustation' later in the week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I'm interested to read reviews by others as there's a mixed bag of perceptions recently. We had great service and great food on both dinnertime visits while we were there - we were so impressed with the first dinner (when we weren't quite hungry enough to go for the full experience) that we went back again on our final evening for the 6 course menu degustation with matching wine. I'd been warned that good restaurants would be expensive in Noumea, but I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of each course was worth it (and I'd say less expensive than the equivalents in Auckland or Wellington). Highlight dish: trio de thon tartare (exquisite!) and highlight beverage: the local Litchi liqueur (matched with the dessert as part of the degustation menu), but the French wine list was also quite impressive. The revolving restaurant adds to the atmosphere too!

• Visited October 2013
Rotorua
“Worthwhile for the view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We decided to go to see the view and try the food as well. The views were amazing and such a great way to see all around the Island of Noumea. I had the duck and was very disappointed as it was gamey and tough. My entree of tuna was bland whereas my husbands meal was delicious. The cost was very expensive!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sandra813
Blackburn
“Charming restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Parisian Taste was recognizable. If compared to any prestigious restaurant, the food was average. Food was rather expensive but the location was worth it. They were also plenty good dishes. The restaurant is very appropriate for a romantic dinner or simply for business.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank randy j
Rotorua, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My partner and I were staying at the Ramada and thought we would dine here as it was convenient and we wanted a taste of what was advertised as a 'fine dining' restaurant. Our entrees were beautifully presented and tasted delicious - quite typical of what you would expect of a 'fine dining' restaurant. I had the salmon opera and he had the cheese wraps. The mains on the other hand were a real disappointment. I ordered the tuna and when it arrived it was a piece of tuna resting on plain white rice with deep fried samosas on the side, it didn't exactly meet the standards of fine dining - more like a meal that you would expect to be served at a pub. My partner order the pork which was burnt and the potato it was served with was cold. The contrast between the entrees and mains made me assume that perhaps there was a different chef cooking the mains.
When the waiter cleared our plates he asked if everything was alright and I voiced my thoughts. He seemed to have an I don't care attitude. The service was poor, we had to ask three times for water to be delivered to our table!!! I will definitely not be recommending this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a fine dining experience.

• Visited July 2013