“Disappointing experience”

Rotorua, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My partner and I were staying at the Ramada and thought we would dine here as it was convenient and we wanted a taste of what was advertised as a 'fine dining' restaurant. Our entrees were beautifully presented and tasted delicious - quite typical of what you would expect of a 'fine dining' restaurant. I had the salmon opera and he had the cheese wraps. The mains on the other hand were a real disappointment. I ordered the tuna and when it arrived it was a piece of tuna resting on plain white rice with deep fried samosas on the side, it didn't exactly meet the standards of fine dining - more like a meal that you would expect to be served at a pub. My partner order the pork which was burnt and the potato it was served with was cold. The contrast between the entrees and mains made me assume that perhaps there was a different chef cooking the mains.
When the waiter cleared our plates he asked if everything was alright and I voiced my thoughts. He seemed to have an I don't care attitude. The service was poor, we had to ask three times for water to be delivered to our table!!! I will definitely not be recommending this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a fine dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank annette d

Noumea, New Caledonia
“Nice 360° view but Declining food quality”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

located on top of the Ramada hotel. Turning restaurant with 360° overview. Worth to go for this.
Meanwhile, having eaten there several times, i notice that the food quality even being correct, was really average for a restaurant of that standing.

Visited February 2013
New York
“Excellent View”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I can't say the food was just as good as I ordered the Pad Thai that was very bland. However my husband ordered the local fish simmered in a Thai sauce and it was awesome. It is very expensive but worth it for the view and for something to do after the beach. Try the local beer and the local wine with Kir; great drinks!

• Visited February 2013
ResMgplaza, Resident Manager at L’Entrecote Au 360, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear newtoparis,
Many thanks for your positive review. We hope to see you again at the highest restaurant in Nouméa, the 360, where the flavors and the view bring you closer to the sky.
Melbourne, Australia
“No English”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Waitress who served us couldn't speak a word of English. I wouldn't have expected anyone to speak English at New Caledonia had this restaurant not been part of Ramada which is an international chain hotel.

The dishes were ordinary and could be better prepared.

We dined at night and couldn't see much of any view really.

It was my birthday and my partner secretly requested the waiter (who could understand english) to do something special for me, such as a slice of cake with candle but even though he agreed that they would do something, they didn't. Oh well, less embarrassment for me then! :-)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank LC888
ResMgplaza, Resident Manager at L’Entrecote Au 360, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear LC888,
Thank you for your review.
It seems that on that day a new employee served you, she was not supposed to be directly in contact with customers but one incident has brought her on the front line.
English is very significant in the recruitment process and we impose classes language courses for our employees to improve their level and put more confidence. At this point, we even hired a Japanese restaurant recently in order to better satisfy our international guests.

We recommend a day experience because it is true the view is more beautiful and distant, the evening is romantic and quite dark in this part of the city, it's quite different but interesting also.

Sorry for the misunderstanding with the waiter who apparently did not give the correct information to the chef, this is unfortunate and not in our habits because we offer quite often a cake when it's a celebration day. We will train better our service employees in such situation and explain the needs to call the manager when they could not handle or understand the situation.
Noumea, New Caledonia
“Enjoy the view not the food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have eaten here many times, but it is always lacking something. Food is ok but there are plenty of better restaurants nearby

• Visited November 2012
ResMgplaza, Directeur d'Exploitatiion at L’Entrecote Au 360, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Paul P,
Thank you for your review.
We will try our best to improve every area. Recently we just paint the wall and ceiling, next project will be a better selection of wines and a new menu. Sorry that you felt that always something is missing, we will continue the daily training to our employee and we hope that the missing things will be less and less.
Kind culinary regards