“Great food with a really warm atmosphere”
Review of Amadeus

Amadeus
Ranked #51 of 226 Restaurants in Noumea
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Arrived on a Friday night without a reservation. The more than helpful staff were happy to find a table for two. Service was exceptional and friendly. Food was all that we expected from other reviews of the restaurant. The only minor criticism was that as the restaurant filled up, and the ambient room temperature rose, our comfort would have been greater if the air conditioning had been turned on. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to all who enjoy fine ding.

There are newer reviews for Amadeus

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Went to this restaurant based on this site's recommendation. I was not disappointed. One menu is in English: my French is beginner's standard so it was s grest relief. To begin I had the Salade Fraicheur: with lobster & artichokes. This was the best I have ever had. Presented brilliantly, it tasted better than it looked. Main course: risotto with creverttes. The best! I mean the best risotto: beats any I've had in Melboune's University Restaurant & Brunetti's. Wine list was great but trite expensive. White wine by the glass was more reasonable. Walking back to Le Promenade couldn't stop talking about the food & professional service. Talked about it to hotel guests over breakfast for days.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The reviews for this restaurant being extremely positive, and the fact that it was a stone's throw from our hotel, Le Promenade; encouraged us to eat there one evening during our stay in Noumea. The menu is in English, which is a help; the staff were cheerful; the surroundings (which include a large fish tank and water feature along one wall) not over-done. The highlight was the chef bringing out the duck and slicing it, with much flourish and theatre, and then presenting it to Jack...a great performance! Wine can be bought by the glass, and our daughter's entree was a size sufficient for a main. Desserts delicious....not that we've found a dessert yet in Noumea which isn't!! The final bill was quite a pleasant surprise...I had expected it to be more than it was. Oh...and the music was great...Norah Jones, Cafe del Mar...helped to create the enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We really enjoyed the meal.the food quality was excellent and the wine selection was extensive although a little expensive.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Were in Noumea for a 7 night stay - ate twice here because the Duck was sooooo good - best I've ever had - once just wasn't enough! My daughter (8 years old) wouldn't stop talking about it until we finally took her back. Months later, we're still talking about it!

We found the price very good for the quality (compared to say, Le Roof, which was good but overpriced and frankly, overrated). The atmosphere is not as nice as Le Roof, but the food and service (not to mention the price) more than made up for it, in my opinion. We will definitely return if we ever get the chance!