“Dissapointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have heard a lot about this restaurant and most had been good. I was not so lucky. The menu looked good and varied and the environment clean and modern. It looked good. The first bad sign was the lack of enthusiasm in the staff. The kind of scattered wandering service that made the occasional hit at your table. The pricing was in the uppper scale $25-35 range. The menu sounded interesting the side orders (up to 3) seemed generious and varied. I had settled for the "spare ribs". A rare choice for me but I was looking forward to a hearty, messy, interactive meal. I was dissapointed. The ribs arrived as a set of 5....... 1 rack. The side order of chips took 1/2 the plate, and even though fresh and crispy, was not that excieting. The meat was dry. Soft but dry. There was some flavour but it in all honesty, it was like the meat had been washed. I ate because I was hungry but I could have done better at home and the quantity was minimalist.
My 2 friends had a scallop and prawn stew dish which they enjoyed but portion size was dissapointing.
Over all - over priced, under portioned and slack service.
There are plenty of options available for diners in the Bay of citron. We tried CaCao for a new experience that just proved sometimes it is better to stick with known outcomes. Next door, at our usual choice, happy punters were tucking into filled plates and chatting comfortably with service staff and I was made to think what invisible line exists between the 2 restaurants?
I would not go back and I would not recommend. There is enought choice to not be dissapointed twice.

• Visited December 2012

Tauranga
“We Loved this !”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We throughly enjoyed dining at Ca Cao Sampaka. The Host Georges is just divine and truly French. Totally passionate about his food and restaurant......he certainly looks after you !!

Two nights, first we had the fish dishes Mahi Mahi and then the Wok medley of seafood, just lovely. Great taste, good sizes meals.

2nd visit we tried the venison, just melted in your mouth.

Being on the strip overlooking Baie Des Citron it has a wonderful relaxed vista

We will certainly return on our next visit.

• Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“giv this a miss”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

this was the worst restaurant we went to. food overcooked, poor and slow service wine and drinks were expensive. staff except for one waiter were quite rude. lots better places to go

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank shirley m
“Worst meal I have had for a long time.”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The soggy tinned asparagus wrapped in bacon was first indication of sloppiness. Then both meals had exactly the same over-sweet sweet potato omelette, claggy choko and disgusting potato mash with dried herbs on top. Lamb was ordered rare but came well done with jus including same dried herbs and gravox taste. Magret duck was grilled beyond recognition. Hideous all round. Exhorbitant prices on wine (4-5x retail) meant we didn't even order vin to wash this 'meal' down with. Number One beer was only redeeming feature.

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The best food experience that we had in Noumea.
Wonderful food and service and average pricing for Noumea.

• Visited July 2011