“Worth a visit”

Wollongong, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good food, good service, and friendly staff. Decor a little dated. Menu has plenty of choice, and friendly, maternal proprietor takes a keen interest in her clients.

Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia
“Step back in time to France”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

They say that Le Miretti Gascon is one of the oldest in Noumea and that family that started it are still running it. Locals recommend this place and I think that is because it reminds them of the past and the menu reflects traditional dishes.

This is one plce that is geared up for teh tourists with all staff speaking English and I suspect they market well to the cruise lines that would come from time to time.

The seafood was fresh and prepared simply. We enjoyed experience, it was a safe selection and the locals recommendation was endorsed.

Not the highlight of our stay in Noumea but you cant go to Au Petit Cafe every night. Voila!!

• Visited March 2013
sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint French Restaurant with great food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ramada Plaza and at the end of our street was the Le Miretti restaurant which had been recommended to us by locals.

The restaurant owner spoke fabulous English as well as offering an English menu to diners.

My husband wanted to try a snail just for fun and rather than order a whole meal of snails and hate it they allowed him to try just one. He never did go back for more.

The seafood is so fresh, it is delivered daily and there is a wide range to choose from. I had the Sole in a lemon butter sauce and it was to die for.

The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. We would recommend the Fleur De Mer which was a French Rose.

We returned for a second time during the week because we enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much. On our second dining experience they had a local version of Moreton Bay Bugs on offer which were only caught that day. They were absolutely huge, my husband absolutely loved them!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank holidaysonya
Sydney, Australia
“Best duck in the country!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Found this little restaurant as I was wandering aimlessly trying to find something to eat that was not your average pizza, grill or take away joint. I had the mussels mariniere which were excellent, cooked to perfection and a descent size portion, which I followed by a duck magret with giroffles mushrooms. The duck was served pink, it was well seasoned, the sauce was delicious with a generous serve of mushroom. I had my eyes on the chocolate mousse, but had to admit defeat after that duck! It is not a cheap restaurant by Noumea standard, but the service was good, friendly and efficient whilst the food was very, very good.

Visited March 2013
sydney
“wonderful night for special occasion”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant and can't fault it in any way. The food was wonderful and fresh. The service excellent and the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming.
We chose this place to celabrate our 20th anniversay and it was a very special night. We are a same sex couple and were made feel like part of the family.
My partner went outside and the accordian player sang a song because she had a wonderful smile, (I agree). It made our night.
I would recomend this place to anyone and although the food and service is wonderful, it is reasonably priced.
I can't wait for my next visit.
Take a tip and book if you want a table or you might miss out.

Visited January 2013