“Great food, great location”
Review of Le Roof

Le Roof
Ranked #10 of 230 Restaurants in Noumea
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came here for both lunch and dinner - both were lovely. Not a lot on the menu for a vegetarian (understandably) however the chef prepared really nice, tasty and robust salads for me. The wine choices are great. The restaurant is above the water on a pier..what a wonderful view and location. At dinner, a local dolphin entertained everyone by chasing fish and splashing around. A really lovely experience.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Even though there are so many Japanese guests, they did not accpet JCB credit card. The food was average.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a large group of 11 people and there was never an issue with seating, service was always great and we ended up dining here a couple of times for both lunch and dinner. Food was very good and the kids loved being able to feed the fish from the middle of the restaurant. Best time to go was at night as big fish can be clearly seen in the spotlights fighting over the bits of baguette thrown over the railing.

An easy stroll if you are staying in one of the local hotels. I rate it as a must when in Noumea, in the daytime for the view across the bay and out to the reef and at night for the atmosphere and watching the fish in the water below.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We decided to visit Le Roof for a long lunch to avoid the heat of the day (unsuccessful as I still got sunburnt sitting out on the water) but we were very pleased we did. Great wine list of a long variety of French (only) wine. The food was brilliant, French-style, although my seared tuna was a little overcooked for my liking. My (English-only-speaking) husband even managed to joke with the professional wait staff very well (at my expense, dare I say) which indicates a pretty strong grasp of English among the main staff members (but not all). Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank kiwiBek
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very good food, but empty at lunchtime! As with everything else in this country - over priced for what you get but throwing stale bread over the side to attract the fish was a highlight.