“Hat down!”
Review of L'inedit

L'inedit
Ranked #56 of 261 Restaurants in Noumea
Reviewed February 21, 2019

The essential of a restaurant should not be on the plate ?! At the Inédit, we do not ask the question, we answer it! A four, in a sweltering heat, we surfed to the hundred skies each taking his board, giant tapas style stuffed with charcuterie, mini skewers of beef, chicken and deer, assorted pieces of tuna served with a wazabi sorbet , all washed down with an excellent wine. The traditional profiteroles have got rid of vanilla ice cream and chocolate topping to let (finally!) Triumph the refreshing sorbets with new and unpublished flavors. The essential is there.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Nice little hideout for a drink and tapas in a warm/quiet atmosphere. Away from the hustle of the Lemon or Vata Bay.
They now offer vegan or vegetarian tapas which now makes it one of our favorite place to go to for a drink. I cannot say about the lunch because I've never gone there for a meal.
The wine and beer offering are very good and the manager allows us to discover new things quite often. This is definitely a place worth visiting for wine and beer lovers!!

The offer on non alcoholic drinks is a bit limited but they offer a fresh fruit cocktail daily.

The team is real nice and friendly!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Remarkable setting at the local gym and next to a swimming pool. Food and staff are pretty nice and prices were reasonable .

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed February 13, 2017

this was a very good evening ,good french wines, nice variety of tapas and nice friendly ambiance beside the swimming ppol for a hot evening

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

This place had been recommended to me for quite some time so I went there with my fiancé and a friend last week. I love good red wine and the wine was good indeed. They also had a great bottled beer selection and the spot is nice and cozy.
But once the tapas came in, and is it supposed to be a main feature of this place, it was quite disappointing. And really really sad for me as a vegan, I felt as if I had a handicap in there. After ordering the only vegetable only option, which ended up being sticks of vegetables cut maybe 6hours before and served with a butter based sauce and a mayonnaise, I decided to give the chef a chance and ask the waiter (who was nice) if I could get the chef to throw in a vegan tapas for me. I a got asked the usual "Ve..what??" And after explanation he returned from the kitchen saying I could get a wrap with the veggies I had earlier and no sauce. So I said no thank you and decided wine will better feed me.
As per my friends they order some nice sounding "shrimps in garlic praline something" but all they got was shrimps wrapped in brick sheets. No garlic to be found. Then there was some chicken and tuna duet that got their expectations high but they got half brochettes of dry chicken and half brochettes of overcooked tuna. The lamb croquettes were the best, too bad the sauce served with it was insipid and cold.
Probably this place Is good for people who don't care about food too much. It matches the kinda tapas you get on most bars on lemon bay.
The waiter downstairs was real nice though. Drinks good and place pretty. But surely can't recommend the place for the food.

Date of visit: September 2016