“REAL bread!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Marigold Bakery Cafe
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I stopped for lunch here with my mom today and we were very happy with our meals. The bread was incredible! Service wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy, but the food and atmosphere was worth the stop!

There are newer reviews for Marigold Bakery Cafe

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Food was fresh and wholesome, but everything else was below par. Upon entering, we were ignored for 10 minutes while we waited for the wait staff to take our order. We asked if we could split a sandwich and a salad. The waitress brought our meal soon after, and simply laid it on the table and walked away. The salad was barely large enough for one person, and it cost $7. I'm guessing they don't like out-of-towners, and that they definitely don't like splitting meals. I wish they'd just told us they don't want to split meals. The amount of salad was probably about 1/2 a cup of spinach, at most, and I'm not exaggerating. On our Aztec turkey sandwich, the promised cheeses were left off, and the advertised avocado appeared to be a half teaspoon of guacamole. The bread, however, was good. In all, disappointing, especially after this place had been recommended by the lovely people at Nell Hill's, and we'd given a tip of 20 percent when prepaying for our lunch. On our way out we saw someone with our exact same order, but their salad was three times the size of ours.

1  Thank Visitor_041998
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great baked goods and coffee. Warm and friendly staff. Great spot for breakfast and lunch. Great bread pudding!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

All homemade. Can't remember exactly what I ate, but remember it was like a homemade sandwich perhaps, with like potato salad & chips, or something like that. Quaint, comfortable dining area & they have stuff you can buy on shelves too, like homemade apple butter.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I wanted to go see the Amelia Earhart home and museum in Atchison, KS. We went last Saturday. The museum and home is a great day trip. For lunch, we stopped b Marigolds. It's a small bakery which also serves soups and sandwiches, something like a small town Panera.

I wouldn't bring your golfing buddies to this place, but it is a very nice local eatery. The soups were great. We had a soup and sandwich combo and both were VERY good. We didn't have any of the bakery items, but they all looked excellent.

If you find yourself in Atchison, KS don't miss stopping by.