“Great "neighborhood" place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Marigold Bakery Cafe
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I wanted to go see the Amelia Earhart home and museum in Atchison, KS. We went last Saturday. The museum and home is a great day trip. For lunch, we stopped b Marigolds. It's a small bakery which also serves soups and sandwiches, something like a small town Panera.

I wouldn't bring your golfing buddies to this place, but it is a very nice local eatery. The soups were great. We had a soup and sandwich combo and both were VERY good. We didn't have any of the bakery items, but they all looked excellent.

If you find yourself in Atchison, KS don't miss stopping by.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Made from scratch menu items. Good choice of baked goods, including loafs of breads. Order the excellent tomato basil soup! Unique “cute” atmosphere, good service.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This small cafe has a varied menu. I enjoyed my Reuben and my husband had the Hot Shot. The portions were not huge, but it was delicious and filling. Wish I had saved room for the sweets because they looked delicious!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

A great little place for lunch - I loved the mis-matched tables and chairs with vintage tablecloths - this added to the charm of the entire place. Breads and pastries were very fresh and tasty while the gal behind the counter was very friendly and accomodating. The prices were great. LOVED my scone!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Everything made from scratch (bread, dressings, soups, pies & baked goods).
Had enchilada soup, chicken Santa Fe wrap, husband had Hot Shot sandwich on foccacia bread. Really good -- understand that they were also written up in Midwest Living's magazine for being named as one of top 10 bakeries.