“Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paolucci Restaurant & Lounge

Paolucci Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 37 Restaurants in Atchison
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Had the lasagna for lunch and it was good. Not the best I have ever had but good. Would go back for
sure. Might try the dinner if we stay on town long enough.

Lawrence, KS
“Insulting to my intelligence”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's been a while since I've been to Paolucci's because our last experience was so maddening, we refuse to go back. We traveled up to Atchison for breakfast one day and my husband was craving blueberry pancakes. We noticed an older man at the table next to us eating blueberry pancakes, so we didn't think it'd be a big deal. When my husband asked the waitress for an order of blueberry pancakes, she rudely replied that they only serve blueberry one day a week and that wasn't the day. We pointed over to the next table and said, well he's eating blueberry pancakes. The waitress gave a chuckle and said that he must've put his blueberry syrup under his pancakes. My husband and I aren't stupid and we can recognize a blueberry pancake compared to an ordinary pancake with syrup underneath. I was so irritated, I wanted to walk out right then, but we decided to eat since we were there. The meal was nothing to write home about and we've never been back because of the rude service. This place obviously caters to the locals and if you aren't one, they don't care if you bring your business there or not.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank vern_728
Bellingham, Washington
“It was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The place was busy so thought it must be good. Unfortunately the food was average so it might have been the only place open on a sunday. The staff were all nice and friendly.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank John N
KC
“Great traditional Italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This family-owned restaurant situated in downtown Atchison. Nothing fancy at al, but just good cooking at very reasonable prices. My husband and I ate there and we had spaghetti, lasagne, bread, salads and drinks for under $25.

This restaurant is family owned with a great and friendly staff. Be sure to ask them about their ghosts!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrific restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Nice attention to detail, excellent service, and above all: wonderful food! Reasonable prices.
Their red sauce is great and I particularly loved their broasted chicken. If you can find room, the desserts are also excellent. After dinner, slip upstairs for a drink in their bar! We love it and go back whenever we can.

They can accommodate groups as easily as a couple or small party. Everyone there is so very congenial and friendly.

• Visited May 2012