Really l want to give this place a 2, but if they would fix their pipes, a 4. I convinced my boyfriend to take me here for my birthday, and he will probably never stay in a bed and breakfast again because of it. The house is over 100 years old, so I expected some creaks (and maybe even ghosts). I did not anticipate being kept awake all night by continuous clashing sounds. It literally sounded like someone was banging a wrench against a pipe immediately outside our room.
When we told the innkeeper the following morning, Chris said she knew about it. "They'll have to tear out part of the wall in the Eisenhower room to fix that..."...Um, do it.
If the owners slept in that room one night, they would be humiliated to ever have a guest sleep in there again. According to Chris, it was just the Eisenhower room that had that problem. I wish she would have told us when we booked to bring ear plugs. We were the only guests in the inn and considered sneaking into another room.
The good things about the inn:
* Accommodating to food allergies - not only prepared a gluten free meal for Jeremiah, but specifically asked him what he would like.
* Video library - it is Atchison, KS; there's not a lot going on
* Coffee outside your room by 7:00 a.m.
* Overall, the hosts and room were nice.
If you want to stay here, make sure you don't get the Eisenhower Room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic home of Governor Glick nestled in this old rivertown, built in 1973 provides 5 uniquely decorated bedrooms and private baths. Nearby towns are Leavenworth, Weston, And St Joseph, Mo. A fantastic one hour getaway from Kansas City! ... more less