“Bring your ear plugs!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atchison
Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion
Ranked #1 of 2 Atchison B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Really l want to give this place a 2, but if they would fix their pipes, a 4. I convinced my boyfriend to take me here for my birthday, and he will probably never stay in a bed and breakfast again because of it. The house is over 100 years old, so I expected some creaks (and maybe even ghosts). I did not anticipate being kept awake all night by continuous clashing sounds. It literally sounded like someone was banging a wrench against a pipe immediately outside our room.

When we told the innkeeper the following morning, Chris said she knew about it. "They'll have to tear out part of the wall in the Eisenhower room to fix that..."...Um, do it.

If the owners slept in that room one night, they would be humiliated to ever have a guest sleep in there again. According to Chris, it was just the Eisenhower room that had that problem. I wish she would have told us when we booked to bring ear plugs. We were the only guests in the inn and considered sneaking into another room.

The good things about the inn:

* Accommodating to food allergies - not only prepared a gluten free meal for Jeremiah, but specifically asked him what he would like.

* Video library - it is Atchison, KS; there's not a lot going on

* Coffee outside your room by 7:00 a.m.

* Overall, the hosts and room were nice.

If you want to stay here, make sure you don't get the Eisenhower Room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank IslandGirlinKC

Reviewed October 30, 2010

Chris and Loman are perfect hosts! Friendly and hepful without being intrusive. I felt so comfortable in their home, possibly because there is a great combination of past and present represented throughout. The breakfast was outstanding every day--I was never hungry for lunch! I would love to go back and see if Spring is as beautiful as Autumn.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

If you want the ultimate experience in Bed and Breakfasts - plan to stay at the Tuck-U-Inn Glick Mansion in Atchison, Kansas. We were greeted by our host Chris and her husband and they were very helpful and informative! Chris gave us a lttle history about the mansion plus a guided tour! We had the whole place to ourselves and what a fun place to stay! It is in a very nice location and within walking distance to many things that Atchison has to offer! My Mom, Aunt and I stayed in the Amelia Earhart room and it was just beautiful (as all the rooms are!!!!) The breakfast that they serve is not only delicious, but beautifully served! We even had a piano concert from our hostess, Chris! What fun!
Plan to go in the month of October and see the way the Glick Mansion is decorated for Halloween! It really is neat! I can only imagine how beautifully it is decorated for Christmas!
We plan to go back next year and STAY for a much LONGER time! I wasn't joking when I said I could easily move in!! Love Tuck-U-Inn and it is one of THE BEST B&B's around!
Terri Cole,
Sarasota, FL

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I had to drive through a storm in Kansas City that was life threatening, and then traveled the roller coaster roads in rural Missouri to get to the Tuck You Inn. But it was all well worth it. Absolutely beautiful place, wonderful inn keeper. Didn't hear the ghost though, maybe next time. And there will be a next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Being innkeepers ourselves, we know what to look for in a B&B. It's been a busy year, and we needed a couple days to refuel to prepare for the remainder of the very busy summer. We chose the St Joe area for our getaway, since it is just a few hour's drive from home. After perusing the B&B choices in St Joe, we decided we'd be much better suited in Atchison, KS, home of Amelia Earhart. We saw Tuck U Inn @ Glick Mansion, and what a perfect find!!! We were pampered and felt so relaxed. We couldn't have made a better choice! Chris and Loman are seasoned innkeepers and made us feel welcome from the minute we met them. The property is magnificent, decor beautifully appointed, guest rooms clean and tastefully decorated, and the breakfast was exquisite! We so enjoyed visiting with the Wildys, and listening to Chris as she played the piano. And what a delight to meet Sadie before we left. We fell in love with her and wanted to pack her up and bring her home with us.

To say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay would be an understatement. We know where to go the next time we can sneak away for a night or two. Thank you friends, for refueling our innkeeper tanks. Our next visit can't be soon enough!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Collecting people from around the U.S. for daughter's wedding made the Tuck U Inn at the Glick Mansion PERFECT. Rooms are each unique. Homemade breakfasts are something to remember with individual flourishes provided by Chris & Loman. The attic room added flexibility we needed. Definite YES unless you don't want to be surrounded by unique antiques and decorations in an 1873 home that is built so you WON'T hear people playing the TV available in each room. We rented the entire house for 2 nights -- WONDERFUL MEMORIES.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. Chris and Loman are terrific hosts. The Inn is so homey and comfortable. The breakfast is always delicious. The Innkeepers go above and beyond to make sure your stay is memorable and special. This is my 4th trip to the Inn. I plan return trips!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atchison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Atchison
#11 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
#1 of 12 in Saint Joseph

Been to Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion? Share your experiences!