“relaxing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atchison
Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion
Ranked #1 of 2 Atchison B&B and Inns
Bellevue, Iowa
“relaxing stay”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I don't have anything but positive things to say about this B&B. The hosts were friendly and not overly underfoot. I stayed here with my mom and sisters in Lizzie's attic. A nice, quiet large room to ourselves. Breakfast was excellent and Chris even played a couple of tunes on the piano. Every time I looked around I found something interesting, they did an excellent job furnishing the home.

Room Tip: If going with a group, Lizzie's attic is perfect. Roomy and own bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a little piece of heaven on earth! The hospitality could not have been more warm and welcoming from Loman and Chris. The food was delicious and the house was so charming and filled with history! A wonderful experience for four women on Girl's Weekend Away!

Room Tip: There were four of us and we stayed in the Attice! So much fun!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer B
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My children and I are regular visitors to Atchison - my mother and two of my sisters live there, as did my grandparents before they passed. As my kids got older and took up more space, it became the norm for us to stay at a hotel during our visits and anyone who visits Atchison regularly knows it has limited accommodations - it's either the AmericInn or the Super 8. Or so I thought until this past summer, when I made the last minute decision to visit Atchison during the week of Amelia Days and somehow thought a hotel room would magically be available - wrong! So I had to expand my search a bit, and that's how I found the Glick Mansion. I spoke with Chris on the phone and she happened to have ONE ROOM LEFT for a couple of the nights that I was not able to get into the AmericInn. So I figured I would slum it at a B&B...Boy, was I ever wrong!! From the very minute we arrived and saw our names on the chalkboard on the front porch, welcoming us to the Glick Mansion, I knew this was not going to be an ordinary lodging experience. As I was checking in, all of our bags were carried to our room for us - all 8 of them (I travel with teenagers - those of you who have them will understand). We were given a tour of the house and, since we were the first arrivals, we were able to see all of the rooms. Each room has its own personality, and ALL of them are beautifully appointed. My daughter and I have already staked out various rooms for different purposes - for a girls' weekend with the cousins we will stay in Lizzy's Attic; for a romantic weekend, we would choose the Presidents Room; etc. One thing I have always hated about B&Bs, and the reason I usually avoid them, is the fact that you are basically a guest in someone's home, and that someone usually has to be up to let you in if you decide to stay out late one night - hence making you feel like a HUGE imposition on what should be your own vacation. When I asked about that I was told that I did not have a curfew and I was given my own key to the front door! They simply asked that I lock it behind me when I came in...THAT I can handle! The only room they had left was the Eisenhower Room - the one with the bathroom outside of the room in the hall. I thought this would be a huge deal. However, we were provided with big, luxurious bathrobes (as this is not something one usually packs), and since the bathroom door is literally a foot and a half from the door of the room, it truly was not a big deal at all. And the bathroom was so adorable! The tub was set back under an archway, almost like a cave. Although I never had the time to partake, I think it would be an excellent place to relax in a nice bubblebath. And since nobody else shares the bathroom with you, it's really not much of an imposition to have it in the hallway. Unfortulately, my kids ran in the 8K run for Amelia Days, so we were up and out too early on one of our mornings to enjoy the breakfast. I didn't think this was such a big deal until the next morning, when we WERE able to stay for the breakfast and I realized what I had missed the day before. Never have I had such an enjoyable, delicious meal! We ate in the dining room, served on fine china, and since we chose the latest breakfast time, we were able to sit and visit with friends of ours who were also staying there before we all had to go up and pack up. After breakfast, I sat in the parlor for awhile and listened to Chris play the piano - she is a beautiful pianist and, as a pianist myself, I found this to be very enjoyable and relaxing.

I could go on and on, but I think the point of this message is clear - as for me and mine, we will no longer be staying at AmericInn or the Super 8. From now on, when we come to Atchison for our family visits, it's the Glick Mansion for us! And I can recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone else who is trying to make a decision regarding lodging in Atchison. You will never regret staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane G
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Inside and out, up or down, around and over this is a remarkable joy to behold. Chris was away when we arrived but Loman took great care of us and we enjoyed the grand tour and history of this fantastic house. Chris returned during the night and was up and prepared an extraordinary breakfast for us to enjoy. The beautiful rooms made you feel like royalty and the attention to detail magnified that sensation. All I can say is, if you are ever anywhere near Atchison, Kansas, mark it on your list to stay at The Tuck You INN. Then remember to ask Chris about the reason for the name.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The innkeepers at Tuck-U-Inn are so hospitable and friendly. The house had so much old charm and character. The food was fabulous! We enjoyed breakfast on the front porch with our orange juice in goblets and eating off of fine china. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed August 2013
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Doug and I had a wonderful stay at the Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion. We were greeted early and told where we could go for lunch while we checked out the area sites. We had a lovely drive around the beautiful town and surrounding area. Our stay at the B&B was really good.

They shared an extensive DVD library with us and had DVD players in the rooms for a quiet evening. The rooms are incredibally done and the home is an historic delight. Our hosts were eager to share the history of the house and it's many facets with us. We got to see the other available rooms before we left and I would be hard pressed to say which was the most lovely, they are all tastefully and beautifully decorated.

The sun porch had to be one of my favorite spots though with it's 3 glass sides and dazzeling light. We had our breakfast there and others enjoyed the porch and the lovely weather outside. Chris was most accomodating about my black and chili pepper allergy and made me an omlet with out any of the offending ingredients.

We felt like we made great new friends and plan to return to enjoy more of the same. Chris introduced me to her wonderful collection of teas which she has for sale (lucky me). They sent us to great local gallerys and homes to tour and a couple of good places to eat. A great weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Some rooms share a bath and ours had a tricky step down, but it was well lighted and explained, all...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce K
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Thank you Loman and Chris for a wonderful overnight stay at Glick Mansion. Everything was just perfect and thank you for being so accommodating and adding a cake to help celebrate my sister's birthday. Breakfast was superb!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atchison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Atchison
Hampton Inn St. Joseph
Hampton Inn St. Joseph
#4 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph

Been to Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion? Share your experiences!