“Great breakfast buffet - improved these past few months”
Review of Rapala Restaurant

Rapala Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Port Moresby
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Israel and the US
“Great breakfast buffet - improved these past few months”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Rapala at the Crowne Plaza is a great place to dine, especially if you are staying at this hotel, saving the ride to other location around town.
As an executive room guest of the Crowne, I get the option to dine at the Rapala for breakfast, which offer an ambiant atmophere along with a great breakfast selection.
Not cheap for outside guests (55K for the buffet).
The quality and selection have really improved these past few months (I am a guest here once a month for a week).
The staff are also very accomodating in serving special orders not always on the buffet (additional fresh veggies and fruits for example).
Also, a terrific place to start your first busines meeting, nationals find it hard to refuse an invite.

Visited June 2013
David B, General Manager at Rapala Restaurant, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to Rapala Restaurant.

It was great to hear your wonderful comments.

I agree breakfast in Rapala is a great benefit when you stay with us on an Executive Floor at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Divine!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food was excellent! Try the salmon with risotto - simply divine.
They make crepe suzette by your table, so if you are ordering this, make sure you get your camera ready. The taste though, was just alright. For dessert, go for the chocolate fondant.

Visited May 2013
David B, General Manager at Rapala Restaurant, responded to this review, June 11, 2013

We loved your review title - divine is a great way to describe Rapala.

We are very proud of our gueridon service, it is amazing to have food prepared for guests at the table and something that is very rare around the world now.

Once again thank you for your great feedback.

Noumea, New Caledonia
“A little pricey but .....”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is my second visit here. Up on the first floor through the bar, the restaurant has a stylish ambiance and quality furnishings. There are also (strangely) a few interesting pieces of 'armour' which makes for an interesting change. My work colleague and I both had the eye fillet with peppercorn sauce, chips and green beans - all in for 95K or so. I skipped the wine as 'by the glass' prices seemed excessive. The service was attentive but unobtrusive. Worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013

With regards to your comments about price, unfortunately the tax on wine is quite high in Papua New Guinea, hence the reason for our pricing.

We were pleased you enjoyed the food and found our service attentive.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My children and I recently took my husband/dad for his birthday and from the moment we arrived the service was fantastic!
The food was lovely, the decor was pleasing and the music selection made and set the scene for a wonderful, relaxing evening.
I would say by far the best 'Fine Dining' restaurant in Port Moresby and will be returning.
Special thanks to Stephanie and Roa.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tarni B
David B, General Manager at Rapala Restaurant, responded to this review, June 4, 2013

It is always nice to celebrate a special occasion and I was pleased to hear you found our food lovely and decor pleasing.

I will share your comments with Roa and Stephanie as I am sure they will be very happy to hear your feedback.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Perth Western Australia
“Good dinner in Port Moresby”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having been travelling to and living in Port Moresby on and off for eleven years this was my very first visit to Rapala. My wife and I enjoyed a very nice meal.

My wife had the seafood combination dish, I cannot remember exactly what it was called but she enjoyed it immensely. I had a steak and whilst not the very best steak I have eaten it was pretty well "up there". The vanilla mashed potatoes served with it was a new dish to me but also very nice. Whilst we really didn't need anything else the dessert tasting plate was also very good.

The restaurant is located within the Crowne Plaza hotel in down-town Port Moresby and security is very good (always important in Port Moresby). The décor of Rapala could best be described as warm and inviting, just a nice place to eat. Service from all the staff was excellent which is always appreciated and probably even more so in PNG!

• Visited April 2013
David B, General Manager at Rapala Restaurant, responded to this review, April 18, 2013

We were delighted with your fantastic review. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your meals and the service was excellent.

I agree the dessert tasting plate is hard to go past, it always gets me in the end!

Once again thank you for your feedback.