“Luxury in PNG” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Port Moresby
Perth, Australia
“Luxury in PNG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Missed my connecting flight due to delays but staying here all made up for that.

I stayed in the Dakota Wing and loved the comfy bed, spacious room and great shower.

Dinner was great - bit on the expensive side but very yummy and loved my Dry Martini during happy hour (2 hours!)

The staff were very attentive and looked after me. Upon check out I have been given the use of the lounge while I wait for my trip back into the chaos of the airport.

Next time i am here a massage and pamper session is on the cards.

I also have to mention that I have stayed at the Grand Papua and Airways is so much more comfortable and so secure.

Many thanks to the team here.

Room Tip: Dakota Suite was massive - could have had a dance floor in the middle of my room :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sushil G, General Manager at Airways Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello PinkSkippy

Thank you for your comments Airways rooms and other facilities.

I am very pleased that you had a comfortable stop over and the team looked after you well. Our motto is to make all our guests feel comfortable and special in every way that we can. Nothing is too much trouble.

Thank you for pointing out the price for the dinner buffet. I will review it.

I have to say that you must try our Spa "Bliss". Words do not do justice. Its is just wonderful. You feel good when you walk in and feel refreshed and relaxed when you walk out. We have just won the Best Hotel Spa Award.

We would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to the Airways on your next visit.

With Regards
Sushil Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Having travelled to PNG on a number of occasions I was absolutely delighted to stay at this hotel. Attentive staff, friendly smiles, massive rooms, wonderful pol and great eating. The beds are really comfortable, the rooms clean and large with not a mozzie in sight. The pool side bar is reasonable with food good by PNG standards although a little expensive. Check out and in was very efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite in the main block
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sushil G, General Manager at Airways Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hello Paul D

Thank you choosing Airways Hotel for your recent stay in Port Moresby PNG. I am happy to know that you have made the switch.

Thank you also for commneting of on staff, Food and facilities. Simply our goal is to make as many as we can happy and stified guests at Airways. Nothing is a bother o trouble.

We have three hotel wings and are priced accordingly. Our rates are very comparable with other hotels in the city. All rooms ahve Crabtree and Evelyn Amenities. All guests are access to both pools and the Health Club. The Spa provides great relaxing packages. All guests can use Airport pick up and drop off buses any time complimentary.

We certainly hope that you will come and stay with us on your next visit.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Travellers to Port Moresby: be aware of the widespread criminal element; personal safety must be provided for and not assumed. Having said that, the Airways Hotel has guards for its gated grounds. The hotel is located on the jungle heights overlooking the airport with beautiful views. Hotel facilities are excellent including the open air restaurant and pool at the very top of the complex. As expected in this region, hotel water is non-potable but bottled water is supplied. Restaurant food is well prepared and multi-ethnic.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest available room facing the runway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Fred B

Thank you choosing to stay with us on your recent visit and also for your review.

I feel that everyone one needs to exercise common sense wherever one is. We take our hotel and Airways complex security very seriously. Our premises are gaurded by round the clock guards and also several security cameras backed by our CCTV. The security company is managed by Internationally trained industry profesionals.

We have couple of more options other than the Vue Restaurant for our guests to try. Bacchus, Meditrenean Cuisine , and Deli KC with Sandwiches, Hand made pastas inhouse and Pizzas.

Next time please try them. Our guests tell us that the food is Yummy.

Thank you once again and we will see you at the Airways on your next visit to PNG.

cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Excellent location, great views, great food, friendly and efficient staff makes it the perfect choice to stay in port moresby. Excellent service and the hotel staff actually go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The food was really good and reasonably priced for Port Moresby standards. Excellent fitness center. Really a great hotel but I stayed in the old wing and while the decor is perfect and rooms are comfortable the showers are really not good compared to the overall hotel standard and needs to be looked into

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Xicca

Thank you for your comments.

I am really pleased to know that the team looked after you during your stay.
Our food prices are reasonable and often lower than other hotels and in some cases some free standing restaurants. One thing we can assure our guests is safe and quality food.

Thank you also for pointing out the showers and I agree. We are now in process to rectify some of those bathrooms.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

With Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was my first trip to png and I stayed in dakota suite for a couple of days. Been to a lot of hotels but this one is truly amazing.
The hotel architecture is marvelous and room are pretty spacious with all the modern amenities. The band @ poolbar is amazing and really makes your evening. The staff here is excellent and very friendly specially the manager mr. Anshu is an asset to hotel, very helpful and extremely cooperative.
The service in the restaurant is efficient. Good dining options and great food. All in all it was superb. Looking forward already to my next trip to airways png...

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank shmiha
Hello Shmiha

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us on your recent visit.

Thank you for your comments on our staff, amenities and rooms.
Our front line staff are genuinely warm people and naturally friendly.Our goal is very simple, make every guest comfortable and happy during their stay with us. They are empowered to make this happen. Nothing is too much trouble.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Airways soon.

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I'm PNGean but I hardly visited Airways hotel before this for events. I had my wedding reception here(Vue Restaraunt) on March 2nd 2013. from the time I walked into the reception(which was like stepping into another world) till the end of our big day i was made to feel like royalty. the staff went out of their way to make our evening memorable despite giving them such short notice. notably Mr Kumar, the GM Mr Gordon, the lovely Ms Blair and Alice the restaurant Manageress. they accommodated for my limited budget; large guest number(300); and no charges for our band setting up; decorations we brought in and served our wedding cake(which was yummy).the service that night was excellent, the food was wonderful and all our guests had a fabulous time. to top it all off, we had a complimentary Suite in the Dakota Wing, champagne,plus spa treatment the next day. such a blessed, wonderful occasion for my husband and I!We are definitely coming back to Airways for our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sushil G, General Manager at Airways Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello wavinePNG

CONGRATULATIONS!!

It was a great night. All the guests had a great time and we have acually booked another wedding reception due the good experience that the guests had.

Thank you for your review and acknowlegement. The team really enjoyed looking after your big event. They were all exicted.

I am also please to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the Spa treatment.

Please make a reservation with us for your aniversary and it will be our pleasure to host you at the AIRWAYS as a gift from us.

Congratulations once again and God Bless!! We wish you all the best, always.

With Best Regards
Perth Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I will start by saying that I have been relaxing, eating, drinking and shopping at the Airways for over ten years! I actually stayed for 18 months in one of the apartments that are within the Airways complex and even although I now stay elsewhere in Port Moresby I do still enjoy a visit back to enjoy the food and surroundings.

The Airways hotel complex has grown considerably over the years and nowadays is almost like a city within a city and a very safe and secure one at that!

I highly recommend the poolside bar on a hot Sunday afternoon with some icy cold SP lagers, excellent local musicians playing and the tropical "punkah" fans moving the air above.

The Airways is the best in Port Moresby, others come close on accommodation but nothing can match the quality and variety of food and accommodation here. The added bonus is being able to walk around the grounds at any time in total safety.

Truly an oasis!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello SteveMani

Greetings from Airways!!

Firstly Thank you for your loyalty to Airways!! and also for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate it very much.
Please to know that you have enjoyed our hospitality over the years.
I agree fully that the Airways complex has grown and still growing. The latest additions are the Stop and Shop Retail store, Westpac Bank and a Park overlooking the Airport, Owen Satnley Ranges and the Bootless Bay. I must say the sunrise at 6.00am is very inspiring from that spot.
The security is round the clock and is managed by International industry professionals.
Airways is a privately owned PNG company that has a proven record for the last 25 years.

The Sunday Jazz is the perfect relaxing formula.The local artists are very talented and also good guys to talk to.

I hope to see you in Vue Bar for a cold one on Sunday.

Thank you once again.