Grand Papua Hotel
$128
Priceline
$149
HIExpress.com
The Shady Rest Hotel(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
$138
Laguna Hotel(Port Moresby)
$163
Priceline
The Sanctuary Hotel Resort and Spa(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Pool
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat view of the baygrand brasseriemodern roomsworking hardrooms are excellenttop floorbusiness hotelmeeting roomgreat barfree wifif bother hotelsfour nightscomfortable hotelpapua new guineaairport pickup
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is as nice a hotel as you when get in the centre of Port Moresby. It´s still new and in a fantastic location. The security is good which is a basic need in this city. I stayed in an apartment on the 5th floor. It was beautifully appointed with tasteful furnishing and a modern kitchen.
The staff are eager to please though a few thing may get lost in translation. I asked for a vacuum cleaner to use a space bag and was repeatedly told the room would be vacuumed later. After a few calls and waiting for an hour I rang the hotel manager. Within 5 minutes 3 maids turned up, each with a vacuum cleaner. Moresby is a bit like that. The penthouse gym is a great place to watch the sunrise. The Ela Beach craft market is moments away as are options for shopping and dining.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve T
Alex W, General Manager at Grand Papua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Steve T

Thank you for the great compliments following your recent stay especially our gym on the 15th floor and our 5th floor apartment suite. I agree our hotel staff' eagerness to please is not always right at times hence your feedback will help us continue to improve in these areas of inconsistent service? Steve T, my team and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and would love to meet with you on your next return.
Lukim yu. Alex

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Grand Papua hotel was recommended to me by some fellow travellers and it is a great hotel, staff are very frtiendly and helpful. the food was good and I felt very secure & safe which is important. PNG is an expensive country but I have no problems paying for comfort and safety

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Alex W, General Manager at Grand Papua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Amber M

Thank you for the excellent reviews and taking the time to provide some great feedback on TripAdvisor. Although it is expensive in PNG I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the food and friendly staff and more importantly you felt safe and secure.

Team Grand Papua wishes you well and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Lukim yu. Alex

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Grand Papua Hotel staff is excellent in every way. They are friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and safe. Security is excellent. The food is very good. Internet may be the best on the island.

Dear Marcy M

Thank you for your positive feedback during your recent stay at the Grand Papua Hotel. I am very pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Recognising our team's effort for good security, cleanliness, good food and best internet in PNG is very encouraging for all our staff.

Thank you again and team Grand Papua look forward to your next stay with us. Lukim yu. Alex

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wouldn't pay more than about $100 USD for this room in a normal country, but PNG isn't a normal country. Port Moresby is very expensive, and although this hotel is probably the most expensive, it is a good option once you've got used to the fact that you will be shelling out regardless. The room was clean and comfortable, although simply furnished, and the food in the restaurant was pretty good - the gym and sauna on the top floor were both much appreciated (there's nothing to do in the evenings). Wifi is also expensive, but was meant to be included in my corporate rate so I got them to refund the two cards. You should check the calculations on checking out - my 3% credit card fee turned out to be over 6%.

Room Tip: The beach view is much nicer than the port view.
1  Thank solarize_uk

Dear Solarize_uk

Thank you for your compliments, it is great to see you enjoyed the food, gymnasium, sauna and services. I agree that PNG is very expensive compared to other countries, thus we will continually strive to do the very best we can with consistent training and quality audits. Solarize_uk the Grand Papua hotel do offer some seasonal specials, if you may wish to take advantage of these specials you may contact myself direct +675 -3040150 or our reservations +675-3040156

My team and I look forward to your next stay with us - Lukim yu. Alex

Reviewed January 19, 2013

There is not a lot of choices in Port Moresby, and this probably is the top hotel in town with a price tag to match. The rooms are spacious and have lovely views; executive club on the top is also a good spot for drinks or meeting. Restaurant menu was very unexciting, and food was below average. Staff are pleasant, but should work on more attentive and speedy service at the restaurants and front desk. Security and bell service are great - very conscious of guest security, and one of them escorted me to the shops, when I nipped across the road for a few bits and pieces.

Dear Audrey H8

Please accept my sincere apologies of our slow services and unexciting menus. I am pleased to inform you that we released our new ala carte menu last week, our ala carte menus are now on a 6 weeks roster. We conducting further training on speed of service and anticipation, because we need to improve always.

Audrey H8, I am glad you enjoyed our hotel rooms, good security, bell service and the popular Executive Lounge, I hope when you return you will continue to enjoy these services. Thank you again for valuable feedback and our team look forward to seeing you back soon. Lukim yu. Alex