Book In Advance
Tours from Kokoda Track tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Kokoda Track
All reviews escape trekking adventures charlie lynn owers corner dawn service his team day trek his knowledge trek leaders an amazing experience life changing experience second to none fellow trekkers bomana war cemetery every step of the way war history his passion australian guide
Reviewed August 15, 2015

Have done the trek twice , first with a mate and tour group , and on the second trip arranged the group myself and took two of my boys with a group of Shire soccer players. The highlights are too numerous to relate, you must do it yourself. The experience is very rewarding , the people are lovely and wonderful , it is extremely hard (ranked in the top 3 walks in the world) but the sense of achievement will stay with you forever. I did it to follow in my dad's PNG WW2 service but came away a lot more humble for the effort. We didn't get close to what those poor B's had to cop !! Happy to answer any questions but if you are thinking about it , get training now and do it !!

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed August 14, 2015

I was prepared for the physical challenge. I wasn't prepared for what the track teaches you about yourself. Nor what the PNG people teach you about happiness. What the diggers and PNG people endured during WW2. It's easy to understand how the Japanese were overcome by the terrain and physicality of the track. The scenery is unreal, sometimes feeling like you are wandering through a movie setting. Finding my version of the "magic faraway tree" and proceeding to climb up the exposed roots to get to the top of the ridge was fulfilling. The team @ Kokoda Courage were extremely knowledgable and passionate about teaching us a little of what went on during the campaign.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank 429stephanied
Reviewed August 12, 2015

Walking the Kokoda track was a wonderful experience with Adventure Kokoda. Excellent company with an exceptional guide. Thanks Reg. I had planned this for 30 years and it was even better than I had imagined.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed August 12, 2015

Fantastic adventure, not for the faint hearted , we were lucky not to have any rain at all which made it a lot easier to complete. The staff and porters where very professional in their approach to the task of getting us there safely . I is a real eye opener as to what happened in 1942 . There were some very emotional moments along the way as the actions of the Australian solders trying to hold back the advancing Japanese forces were recontered by our historian. Big thanks to all from South Sea Horizons, a localy Papua New Guinea owned treking company.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank rkriesl
Reviewed August 10, 2015

This was an amazing experience. We were blessed with great weather which may have made the trekking easier than I was expecting (and I was expecting the worst), but the history, people and countryside blew me away. Our guide was Chad Sherrin and I cannot speak highly enough of him. He brought the Kokoda war story to life, both historically and emotionally. He dealt with a 1000 problems a day, made us all feel most welcome, and did it all with a smile and a kind word.

Great trip!