“Great dinner and atmosphere!”

Le-Chique Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 115 Restaurants in Paramaribo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Inside Wine and Dine stylish entourage. Outside more casual atmosphere. Nice restaurant for a family diner. Great for romantic quiet dating. Also if you would like to dine out with business partners or prospects. Reservations advised when in party of 4+ so we can make sure your tables are ready and you can be seated without delay.
Los Angeles, CA USA
“Great dinner and atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The main restaurant on the Waterkant was too crowded, so I asked a taxi driver to take me somewhere else, on his recommendation. He picked Le Chique and here’s how it went down.

Really cool spot, away from the center of things. Indoor, but the front of the restaurant was completely open, so you feel like your outside. Not “fancy,” but pretty close…really clean with nice tables and linens.

The service was really good and my waitress was very attentive. I started with a Parbo beer as I browsed the menu for something traditionally Surinamese, which there was none. The waitress informed me that the restaurant served “international” fare, which was a mix of Italian (pastas), American (steaks, seafood, etc.) and a Indian.

I ordered the Indian beef curry and it was absolutely to die for. Maybe it’s because I have never had beef curry, that I enjoyed it so much—but I really did. It was a generous portion, just spicy enough for me to need another beer. It was served with rice. I left the table very content.

Extra points for the WiFi!

Clean, great service, tasty meal, nice ambience. Definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013