I was with friends who stayed at the Torarica to participate in an art event. They came back to the hotel after a long trip to Moengo. I was supposed to pick them up to go to Holi Phagwa festival, and bought some local food to have along the way. My friends were tired and hungry and wanted to have the food in the hotel before leaving for our next stop. We bought drinks at the hotel but found ourselves chased by the hotel staff (four in all, including a security guard and the manager) all explaining policy etc. to us. No compassion and understanding. We had our food on the run and ended up in the noisy Vat having some more drinks, because my friends lost all vibes to consume anything else in the hotel....
Sadly this is not my only experience with their 'client friendly' policy....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 50 years experience in accommodating guests and catering to their every need, Torarica Hotel & Casino is the most famous and renowned hotel in Suriname. Located along the Suriname River, near the very heart of the bustling city life and historic center, Torarica Hotel & Casino is the ideal location for business, relaxing getaways and family holidays. With 132 comfortable and elegantly furnished rooms equipped with all modern conveniences, a restaurant offering cultural culinary experiences, a richly decorated and relaxing lounge area and bar, the hotel offers everything the modern traveler looks for in a perfect holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Torarica Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torarica Hotel And Casino
- Torarica Hotel Paramaribo
- Torarica Hotel & Casino Suriname/Paramaribo