I rarely stay in guesthouses, and this stay has shown me why I should change this habit. The property is charming; the owners friendly and helpful, it is spotlessly clean, the room is fine, with a/c that works, and all in all it is a fine place to stay.
It lies five minutes by taxi from the center of Paramaribo, and a good (and interesting) twenty-five minute walk. There are probably buses, but the system of bus recognition is beyond my two-day competence.
I would absolutely stay here again.
And, as a comparison, business had me in London last week, staying at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane. I think the Guesthouse Amice beats it on every count.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly and homelike atmosphere for holiday as well as for business. This comfortable, air-conditioned guesthouse, in a leafy neighborhood of Paramaribo, is pre-eminently suitable for every one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Guesthouse Amice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Amice Hotel Paramaribo
- Guesthouse Amice Suriname/Paramaribo