All reviews shopping and dining within walking distance swimming pool lobby centre
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2018

Great facilities for a meeting, good food, reasonable rates, wonderful staff. This hotel is a typical city hotel with amenities for shopping and dining in easy reach. There is a good choice in breakfast which comes with the room rates and the menu is a good choice of local and international dishes. The chef is a cool dude?

Room tip: ask for their suite, there are beautiful and the room facing the main street is a good view on the outlining city
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

These are truly nice people who have no idea how to run a hotel. I am a nice person, but I do not know how to fly a helicopter. I would counsel you never to get into a helicopter with me, nor to ever stay in this hotel.

Hotel Crapovsky would be fine for a hotel charging $30US a night, but not for a downtown hotel with all the trappings of a Western standard hotel.

Check-in time was 2pm. At 3pm, when they finally released my room key, I entered my slightly worn room to find the housekeeper chatting on the phone. She'd get around to bringing towels eventually. On the second night, they jacked the price up by 20%. For this, they didn't bother to clean the room or make the bed. They did promise to bring more water, which I would give them more points for if they actually brought it.

Service is with friendly, wide-eyed childhood innocence. We're all in this together, you see! They recommended a nice lounge to me on the first night, which was not actually open at all. When I asked for advice on the best way to get to Cayenne, they were stumped. "Where is the bus station?" they asked me. They were surprised to learn that Paramaribo is a small town in which one can only leave in two directions, one of which is Cayenne.

But most of all, even simple tasks at the take longer than you could possibly imagine. Apparently, their policy is to photocopy the front and back of your credit card if you pay by credit. If you like having copies of your credit card floating around South America, then good luck to you. Checkout required three separate transactions, one for checkout, one for the dinner they had a hard time processing, and one for the lunch charge they forgot to add.

Good location.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Very good experience/ Its a good hotel located in the city centre. I did feel very safe. Good restaurant on the 3rd floor near the swimming pool. Aternative possibilities to eat downstairs and well perfomed.

Room tip: depends... all rooms are similor. Large rooms more expensieve.. Connecting rooms available.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank richard_fenger
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

We hosted a client meeting in the available meeting room in the roof terrace. The meeting room was grim and not welcoming at all. Having coffee earlier on at the restaurant was not an enjoyable experience, it took ages to get the drinks at the table ecen if was not busy and despite the fact we asked to turn the music down due to noise the request was not fulfilled. The menu prepared by chef Marc specially for us was on the otherside very good.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic from start to end.. staff very friendly and helpful would highly recommend. Our rooms were great, bar staff and facilities were great as well.. staff did their utmost to accommodate our needs trying to get us tickets for Anne franks house we got them in the end

Date of stay: September 2018