“Nice little surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zus & Zo Grand Cafe

Zus & Zo Grand Cafe
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Paramaribo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Dutch, Bar, International, European, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice little surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I kind of stumbled upon this place but I ended up going back several times - really nice atmosphere, low key, nice staff and they have live music sometimes. Also just a 10-15 minute walk away from most of the hotels in the area.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Janice J

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lekker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I am here on a student trip and my group and I have eaten dinner here for the past 4 nights. The food is delicious and the service is great! They also have great drinks and fun music! Ask for Gili he's a great waiter. all of the dishes are delicious but especially the Groene vis, which is local fish. Zus and Zo is a must go when visiting Paramaribo!

1 Thank Madisonsanders
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a guest house with a restaurant, gift shop and tour booking agency. We dined at Zuz & Zo for dinner. They lit kerosene lanterns on picnic tables, which were set on a sand floor under palm trees decorated with lights. The food was very good and reasonably priced; we each enjoyed a Surinamese dish. Service started out as inattentive, but improved. There were no locals, but seems to be favoured by tourists and Dutch ex-pats. It is centrally located and next to the Palm Gardens.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Liz M
Paris, France
“Unfriendly café and unhelpful travel agency”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Having breakfast here right now. First had to ask whether the place was open as he lady did not look at us for 20 minutes. She then came 5 minutes later...
She did not smile once and said the minimum. Maybe the start of the rainy season made her depressive?
Portions are indeed fairly small.
Admittedly we also had a drink here yesterday. The waiter was a lot friendlier then.
We also tried to use the services of the travel agency upstairs. They are polite but very inflexible. They rather earn nothing then being a bit helpful and sort things out. You cannot pay with credit cards although I mentioned yesterday "I cannot pay now as I do not have my credit card on me". I was not told that they cannot accept credit cards. She then sends me to a bank to get cash with my Visa. Upon arrival in the bank it only takes Mastercard... So that is it then. "The tour leaves soon and you are now too late. Enjoy your day in Paramaribo."

Visited April 2014
2 Thank EVG75017
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stopped by Zus & Zo for lunch one day in between appointments. The location is wonderful, directly across from the Palm Garden. Upstairs there is a gift shop with books, trinkets and a few maps.

I was told this is very definitely a hang out for the Dutch that travel here.

Visited February 2014