“Solid standard”

Description: +597 47 57 55
London, United Kingdom
“Solid standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

One of the better restaurants in Paramaribo. Always a good standard. They could do with updating the menu sometimes.

Visited August 2012

Paramaribo, Suriname
“best lunch in Suriname”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

very good local cuisine, excelent lunch and friendly waiters. Felt as if I was having a perfect home cooked meal.
the setting was colonial and very authentic.
I will be going again.

Johny D

• Visited June 2012
cayenne
“Very balanced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

The place is nice, free air, romantic lights, good looking/dressing staff, first impression is very good. The service isn't perfect or bad is just regular: If you don't ask for something to drink, they didn't propose you. when you finish your desert they didn't asked if you want something else - you get almost what you asked nothing more will be asked to you. The entrance was very good food, I asked a wine sauce with my main course and get a mushroom sauce... but still very good. The ingredients are well treated. The main course when with very very few vegetables. I get a good salad on side. The waiter wasn't able to explain me what was the different between the two salad that was on the menu. I tell him to ask the cook to choose for me then. the menu is very poor, very few choices, that is a really bad. My final impression is that, appart of the waiter skills, the place is very balanced and good. There is nothing perfect nor really bad. For people looking for romantic place or gourmet paying attention of details that might be a place to eat, not my favorite but fair enough for me to get back.
open only on nights.

• Visited April 2012
amsterdam
“TOO BAD I CANT RATE ZERO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

first of all the service was very slow, second they got my order wrong, i have to say that we did get free dersert for the wrong order, but even the cheesecake was bad, and the tenderloin was wayyyyyyy to tough. Im never going there again!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2011
Paramaribo, Suriname
“Bad food - Bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We just went to this place 2 nights ago. We ordered steaks. Some of us rare, some medium. All the steaks were welldone.

1 Thank Andrea D