“hygiene issues”
Review of Spice Quest

Spice Quest
Ranked #9 of 105 Restaurants in Paramaribo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tropial Casual Fine Dining in the Heart of Paramaribo. We feature a contemporary fusion menu with popular menu items such as Vietnamese Nem, Seafood Seviche, Local Palmito, Grilled Black Angus Tenderloin, Local Seafood, and Crispy Skin Duck. On appointment we also prepare authentic Japanese Sushi, which you can enjoy in our authentic Japanese Tatami Room.
Paramaribo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hygiene issues”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

mothers day brunch...... Clearly a hygiene issue. Food open; dirty tables etc

Visited May 2012
1 Thank SuriTraveller

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“expensive”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

this place is for the rich people. to expensive for this country.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank aukieron b
Paramaribo
“Sophisticated atmosphere, above average food, service”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

As newcomers to Suriname, my husband and I were pleased to find such a tranquil and sophisticated dining experience in Paramaribo. We started with the beer battered fish over noodles, which was tasty. My husband enjoyed his steak while I was a little disappointed with the Korean pork, which lacked the bold flavor I expected and was slightly dry. Service was friendly and satisfactorily attentive. We would return.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank TrulyGlobalGal
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Too high expectations due to TripAdvisor”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

When we went to this restaurant, it was according to TripAdvisor the second best restaurant in town. We were, maybe because of our expectations, highly disappointed. The atmosphere is nice. It has some Asian decorations. But the food. Very poor. We expected more than some dry shrimps with raw tomato on a bed of mashed potato in a pool of soja sauce. Their chef was probably on holiday or so. But this high rank is, on the basis of our experience totally inappropriate. When we complained we got our drink for free. Next time we will suggest that we dont pay for the main course. O no, of course not. There wont be a next time :-)

Visited April 2012
5 Thank 365frequenttraveller
cayenne
“best place in town”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I really like this restaurant, everything was almost perfecft :
First, the place: Really good site, good decoration, I feel really good here.
The service : I was amaze by the service, the waiter was kind, give me details on food and ingredient, talk a little bit with me in spanish, in english a bit in french and learn me a word or two in chinese !
but all of this isn't enough to be a good restaurant, let's talk about food :
cocktail was good best that average good,
the n I get a Cheviche, the best I've eated. If you want a good cheviche in Parbo you needed to try this one.
main course got the meal of the day that was also really good, I appreciate the way vegetables where cooked.
with those two dishes I feel full and contented but gluttony of such good meal makes me get a fruit salad. really good one, fresh fruits, good preparation and an awesome decoration (a dome of caramel). This was for me a almost perfect diner, for the food part. Only they served me a frozen white wine with the Cheviche. Better to be serve a little warmer but fit nice with the dishe and with the main course a cold glass of a young red wine that suffer for "acetification" I was unable to drink it. I make remarks about the wine at the waiter that look to be offuscated for that.. Those two glass of wine were the unperfect thing in these diner, but nothing that would make me avoid these restaurant on my futures visit.
The meal was so wonderful, the service was so good and the place such a charming one that I decided to give an 50+ % tip.
By the way, they could have charged me two times the prices that I would have think this was reasonable for such quality...

• Visited January 2012