We spent 3 nights here for Christmas 2013. Booked direct on Marriott website since their price included breakfast (other websites were quoting the same price without breakfast). Paid $590 including tax. I chose a double room with 1 king bed so it was very spacious, I think the room would have felt cramped with 2 queen beds in it. I did not go for river view and am glad. Although the balcony they have would have been nice those rooms are overlooking the pool and below is the pool bar so probably noisy. My room #623 was quiet, positioned on the side of the building looking north had a view of the city looking left and the river looking right. Rome was clean and in room tea and coffee was nice although it is also available in the lobby. Check in and out was efficient. Breakfast very nice with local dishes as well as western. Only a couple of things I didn't like - the air con was on too high so impossible to be comfortable inside. We switched it if in the room but it did not warm up much. There was a slight odd smell in the room which I got used to. Housekeeping are not very consistent with changing towels, first day they did not leave face cloths and the second day did not leave any towels at all so I had to phone for them. I had some laundry done, it came back the next day on hangers but had not been dried so smelled damp. 15 min walk gets you into town, no sidewalk but it's OK. We got the shuttle back to the airport and that was efficient. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Paramaribo is a business-hotel in Suriname for goal-oriented travelers who want more out of each stay. We recognize your success by surrounding you with the right blend of attentive services and casually cool places that invite you to enjoy your accomplishments. The Courtyard has a bold style that shines through in our decor, innovative amenities and demeanor. We know what our guests want and provide them with many options so they can stay productive and still have time for fun! Our hotel features 140 rooms, outdoor swimming pool, Flavors Restaurant, Rivierview Patio, Lobby Bar, complimentary high speed internet, a business center, Fitness Center, The Market (24/7 mini-market), banquet rooms complimentary parking and complimentary down-town city shuttle. All this is enhanced by well-trained staff that provide the best personalized service with a personal touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Paramaribo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Paramaribo Hotel Paramaribo
- Courtyard Paramaribo Suriname