“Try somewhere else”

Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Asuncion
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Try somewhere else”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have deducted one star for the following:

>Poor/intermittent Internet service. I was on floor 7 and during the day the WiFi was fine. But at night 0 signal, even when I tried several different hotel networks. By the way, their hotel website does not work either, or at least it didn't during my entire stay. I know because I tried to send them a message (see below).

>Front desk staff do not speak any English. They are courteous and can help you through basic directions on a map, for example-in Spanish. I think a business hotel like this should have at least one bilingual staff member.

>Inflexible. My reservations were for 3 nights. On the first night I knew that my business had been unexpectedly completed early, so i asked if I could leave a day early without charge. Of course, this had to be done through an intermediary since as I said they do not speak English. I was surprised they refused because I thought they had plenty of time to fill a room when they had 48 hours advance notice and also because I have never been turned down for this request by a hotel before. First time for everything, I guess. It is true that my reservation did say that the cancellation would not be OK after my first day, but usually when that is in a hotel contract it is just standard boilerplate and exceptions can always be made.

The facility itself is very nice, and the location is very good for downtown business. The room was very clean and large. The included breakfast is great, though the service is not. But if you don't have reliable Internet service, a functioning website, English speaking staff, or any management flexibility regarding room reservations, I can't recommend the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vitoria, ES
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at las Margaritas, in a junior suite. Sheets, towels, bathroom and room very clean. Comfortable bed and pillows, excellent breakfast. Very nice bar and restaurant. Staff is friendly. The hotel is downtown, close to attractions, restaurants and shops. Not really cheap, but worth the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Feltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had read the previous reports about this hotel, so had expectations that were not too high.
However, I had a great time there. The room was large, comfortable with good aircon. The wifi internet was free and incredibly fast, although the next morning it did break for a few hours, but I just used it in the lobby instead.
The bed was comfortable and the location excellent. Breakfast was adequate but uninspiring.
On the roof top was a wonderful patio and pool area with great views of the city.
The only slight negative was that during the night, I knocked a glass from the bedside table onto the floor, and it broke. I spoke to the room maid to warn her about broken glass. On checkout I was charged PYG 15 000 (US$4) for the glass!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PITTSBURG, CALIFORNIA
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place is Ok, ir Youtube go Get the the córner rooms they are bigger, the lower floors are cooler.
The front decks ladies need a class of human relations, they never smile or greet you when you arrive. One time the elevador broke and it went down 3 floors, I thought I Was going to die. My husband hurt his back and I felt sick, we walked up the stairs , when we arrived on the first floor the ladies at the front desk could care less. I could not believe there adtitud about the accident, all they say Was they are fixing the elevator, no one asked us how we were,that Was rude.
The hotel restaurante Was very good also the service of Alberto and Oscar, also the girl that help at breakfast Was very nice, the room Was clean and good size.
Once in a while at the front desk in the evening Was tris nice kid i believe he Was Argentinian, very nice to talk to.

Room Tip: Choose a córner room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not a bad place, clean, good location. Rooms small but well maintaned. Hotel is good for the price BUT, the WiFI is HORRIBLE, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW and disconnects 75% of the time. WiFi is the reason I do not stay here anymore, I am on business and need decent WiFi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Although it is not a high-end hotel, Las Margaritas is a very clean, warm place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is satisfying. Their restaurant is surprisingly good. We had dinner there a couple of times, we really like all the dishes we ordered, and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had been at "Las Margaritas" many times in the last 4 years. It is an excellent place to stay in midtown Asunción. Staff is very helpful, Restaurant is grate, Rooms are quite clean although not that big. Would recommend this place, specially for business purposes

Room Tip: Those that do not face the street have no noice at all
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business