“Classy, professional and top notch”

La Mision Hotel Boutique
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Asuncion
New Delhi, India
“Classy, professional and top notch”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was very impressed with this excellent boutique hotel. I stayed both in a suite that was very spacious and a normal room. The airport pick up was perfect, the breakfast was great, the decor of the hotel is extremely classy, each floor has a lovely lobby. The room were very clean and well appoointed; all amenties you can wish for are present, Wifi was free and of great quality. I usually do not like boutique hotels but this was exceptional. Location is a peaceful, well heeled neighbourhood with a mall including a supermarket within walking distance. Staff were very gracious and professional; not all speak English. I came back from another city and re-checked in to find my room already had the luggage on the rack and without much ado, breakfast was also sent to my room at 5.30am as I had to leave on an early flight. Very impressive and I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Suites are very well appointed and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AlexaVuckovich, Director Comercial at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Savi Delhi,

It was a pleasure recieving you in our hotel.
Thank you for the beutifull review and for sharing your experience with other guests.

I especially enjoyed your coments on boutique hotels and am so glad you gave us a change to show you what a true Guarani experience is.

As a friend one said: "Paraguay is destined for travelers who thought they had been everywhere."

We hope to see you back here soon,

All our best,

La Mision Hotel Boutique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are quite warm and the internet connection is great. It feels like you are staying in a guest room at someone's mansion. The service is impeccable. No wish is unfulfilled. We wanted to go visit the waterfall and they arranged a private charter, a guide and a number of amenities and it was all charged to my room. The restaurant is excellent in the lobby. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about Paraguay history. The Beauty Salon travels to your room so you can get ready to go out in privacy. The make-up artist is one of the best in the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 66766traveler
Lucia_A_Jover, Departamento de Fidelidad at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we want to thank you for your comments and taking the time to do it so.

We take pride in what we do and we are so proud to work in the service area, we like the oportunity we have to be able to offer each guest a different and authentical guaraní experience.
Each detail inside the Hotel was planned to be the most comfortable and unique possible following the same decor as in the lobby. At the Restaurant you can enjoy breakfast and lunch with our beautiful harp paraguayan music.
Our drivers were so happy to do that service, to the waterfalls, they enjoy working with guests so much, they were the most excited about it. We are so happy to know that everything went so well and you had such a good time.

Happily you can come back soon to Paraguay.! We will always have the doors open for you, and know that now we consider you our friend.

Thank you again for your comments!
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I arrived in Asuncion from the United States on 07 June 2013. My company had booked my stay at La Mision Hotel Boutique. From the very moment that I arrived from the airport, I was greeted and treated as if I were a long lost friend. The entire staff greets you morning, noon and night with a warm hello and a smile.

As a first time visitor to Asuncion, I was constantly at the front desk asking directions to local markets, the mall, where to buy this or that. The staff answered each and every question with patience, drawing maps to nearby locations or translating to my taxi driver where I wished to go. There was nothing too big or small to which they would not give their complete attention.

The food was excellant. I had breakfast only, as I rarely eat before retiring for the night. Fresh fruits, breads, juices, eggs, various meats were prepared each morning. The coffee was superb. The restaurant staff should be applauded for their attention to detail.

The room was spacious, impeccably clean and the internet speed was top notch. I rested each evening after a long days work, in the comforts of this gracious hotel.

Two (2) weeks later, I leased an apartment, as I will be staying in Asuncion for a year. On the morning that I checked out, I felt as if I were leaving my family. I was happy to get settled in to an apartment, but I was truly touched when I paid my final bill and left the hotel and the warmth that I had shared there during my stay.

I stop by La Mision each time when I am shopping nearby, just to say hello and they always treat me as if I am family returning from some far away journey. I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone that travels through Asuncion. Do yourself a favor and enjoy this experience, the hospitality and the great staff at this fine establishment.
Hal

Room Tip: I was booked on the first floor above the lobby, but had no problem with street noise or any distrac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hal M
Lucia_A_Jover, Departamento de Fidelidad at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Hal,

We consider all of our guest are a part of our family, since the first time each one of you walks trough our door, he/she is already a friend to us. We work every day for you to actually feel that are part of this big family.

For us it is a pleasure to read comments like yours, where you let us know that we are doing our job right.!

We are so glad we had the chance to meet you! And luckly you have more spare time to stop by more often.

Thank you very much for your excellent reviews, we do appreciate your opinion, we consider they are the stones of our entire construction that is La Mision.

Regards from La Mision
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Really nice hotel in a good location. The rooms are beautiful, very spacious and clean with all requires facilities. Breakfast was good, lots of options although the breads were not very fresh. The staff in the restaurant were very helpful and friendly and make a great Pisco sour! The small pool area is very pleasant. Nice entertainment by a harpist in the evenings. Love the parrots!

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms at the front of the hotel with the small balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SHR1221
Lucia_A_Jover, Departamento de Fidelidad at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Ms. SHR1221,

It is so nice for us to start the day reading about our Hotel and our guest's stay here, in this case your stay, and such lovely comments about it.
We are beyond happy to know that you enjoyed the harpist performance at the restaurant every morning and evening, and our friends at the patio, Ricky and Lola, red parrots, that were adopted from an american family.

Like we always say it here, we welcome you as a guest but we make sure you leave as a friend. We love what we do here at the Hotel and try to give all of our guest the best stay possible. Hopefully yours was as memorable as it is for us.

I will make sure to pass this review to all of our staff and also your comments about the restaurant will be taken in consideration.

Hope to have you here soon again.

Greetings from Paraguay,
Belo Horizonte
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Airport pick-up worked out perfectly and I also used the hotel's cars for both meeting appointments and a short city tour on the way to the airport. Nice, professional and helpful drivers. Check-in and out went swiftly and bill was correct. I had a business suite on the fourth floor, which was very nicely appointed, clean and smelled fresh at all times. Lots of towels and hot water. Only surprise was to find a light switch inside the shover, but I guess electrical safety standards are different in Paraguay? Was charged US$ 1.50 for Nescafe cappuccino packets displayed with coffee set, which at a room rate of almost US$ 300 is somewhat surprising. Wi-Fi in hotel is free and worked fine. Nice, but small lap pool on top floor, which also has a view over this very green city. (Note to management: Barbecue kitchen needs to be kept cleaner and stored event chairs don't look good on an otherwise nice terrace.). Used the restaurant for most meals. Breakfast is nice and food quality good without being anything really special. The menu stated that it was for "spring/summer 2011", so I guess it needs an update soon? Staff very helpful. All in all a nice (but not cheap) experience. There is a small shopping centre across the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WorldflyerBrazil
Lucia_A_Jover, Departamento de Fidelidad at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Mr. WorldFlyerBrazil,

We love to read about our guest's stay and overall experience here with us at La Mision, and in behalf of our team, I thank you for taking a time to write about us. I would also like to let You know that all of your notes have been taken to the Manager office, so we can improve our service and keep growing towards excellence.

Our goal is to give every single guest a new and unique experience here, showing you the best of our culture and the warm welcoming of our people. All of our facilities were planed to be and represent a home for all of you, hopefully, we did a good job transmiting the same feeling to you and from now on you can consider us as your home away from home here in Paraguay.

Return Soon!
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Picked us up from airport reliably. Excellent rooms, large, well designed. Friendly and helpful staff. Need to take taxi to centre, 10$. Always immediately available. Great roof terrace and pool. Great breakfast buffet. Not cheap, though.didn't check out spa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oxygen11
Lucia_A_Jover, Departamento de Fidelidad at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of La Mision Hotel Team I would like to thank you for the time you took to comment about us with our friends here at Tripadvisor.
For us it is always nice to read and know that our guests have such a nice time here with our accomodations and staff.
The whole La Mision Hotel concept was envisioned to be a place where guests will feel welcomed and at home, with friendly staff and well decorated rooms.

We'll would love to have you here again soon! So that way We can recommend you some treatments at our spa.

Greetings from Paraguay!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed for four night at La Mision during my wedding weekend. Entire family from brazil also came down and stayed in the same hotel. Extremely helpful and friendly employees.

By far the best hotel in asuncion. Amazing rooms, service, food and great location.

Perfect way to top off the best weekend of life!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pgruppo
Lucia_A_Jover, Departamento de Fidelidad at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello Mr. Gruppo,

We were so happy to have you and your family come here to Paraguay to celebrate such an important event, and even more happy because you chose La Mision Hotel to do it. I remember the reservations department work to get everything ready for your stay, so we are glad you and your family enjoyed it so much.

For us it's a pleasure to work with families because that's what we are all about, we want our guest to feel like home here.

We hope to have you here again for the second honeymoon!

Greetings from La Mision!