“Another great stay!”

La Mision Hotel Boutique
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Asuncion
“Another great stay!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

One of my favorite new hotels. Service and food are out of this world. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Rtsutsumi
LaMision, Gerente at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you; we are flattered by your coment.
Service and food are the two things we pay special attention two and by which we distinguish ourselves from other hotels in Paraguay. Our restaurant “Paraqvaria” serves all types of food but, since we are a thematic hotel, with a special emphasis on Paraguay´s typical food.
Hope to welcome you back at La Mision on your next visit to Paraguay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A very nice place, with an interesting decor based on XIX century plantations in Paraguay. Very clean, lots of whites all over, in the room walls, tiles and table cloth (amazing BTW).

Excelent room, a good restaurant. Location however could be an issue if you have to work in dowtown or like to walk around. There are not many thing nearby except a shopping mall with a few fast food palces but no good restaurants near by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lmadrid
La Mision has indeed an interesting décor which combines the Jesuits Missions of the 17th and 18th century in the common areas with a modern and fresh décor in the rooms with, as you said, lots and lots of whites. Our restaurant “Paraqvaria” offers a menu of Paraguay´s typical food with a unique decoration overlooking our two very colorful and entreating parrots “Riko and Lola”.
To facilitate your transfers around the city we offer high class private transportation to wherever you need for a cost of approximately U$D 25. Our chauffeurs know the city very well and will get you to wherever you need the fastest and safest way possible offering beverages and the daily newspaper along the way.
Hope to see you again at La Mision!
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed June 6, 2012

La Mision Boutique Hotel is an absolute favorite of mine! I have stayed there on four trips to Paraguay and for relatively long stays each time. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Asuncion. Not once have I ever experienced a problem with the rooms or the service. The staff is totally attentive to my needs, is always warm, friendly and efficient.

Breakfast is delicious with a wide variety of foods, from several fresh squeezed fruit juices, fruits, a great assortment of breads and chipa, among many other items. Swimming in the pool on the roof of the hotel is a delight in any season. It's narrow but long so you can get a good workout and there are few people around so you don't have to worry about having to fight for space. So many hotel pools are tiny and only good for wading or playing in, but this one is lovely and good for exercise.

When I've stayed at La Mision, I've always taken the remise that the hotel offers from the airport to the hotel and back. It's reliable and has friendly drivers. Once when it was very hot, the driver offered me a cold bottle of water knowing that the heat might bother me. That's how thoughtful they are.

The hotel also arranges tours to Igauzu Falls or the Jesuit Ruins. I took the latter one and although it was very pricey I must admit it was worth it. I saw and learned so much. And my driver, Julio, and guide, Jesus, were both total gems.

Unfortunately, I'm relocating to another part of the world and I must say one of the things I'll most miss is staying at La Mision. Don't miss this experience when visiting Paraguay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LisaM1950
avuckovich, Gerente at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We are glad to be classified in between your favorites and that you enjoyed your stay at La Mision. We have rooms made especially spacious and fresh for long-stays to assure you are as comfortable as you are at home. The staff at “La Mision” is indeed warm and friendly people committed to what they do and who put much love into their day to day work.
Breakfast is known to be the most important meal of the day so we are happy to hear your liked our wide varieties of choices we offer including some of our typical food of course.
It is true that to get to downtown our location is not the closest one, so to facilitate your transfers throughout the city we offer private transportation service to wherever you need with our chauffeurs, Julio, Jesus, and Guille, who know the city very well and will get you to wherever you need the fastest and safest way possible.
Hopefully you will be able to come back and visit us
Hotel La Mision
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Sorry...not feeling the most recent review's disatisfaction. I agree that an unhonoured reservation would be a bummer...and I hope the hotel reads these so they can ensure this doesn't happen again. HOWEVER...the hotel is lovely, loads of character...spacious rooms, great beds with a wide variety of pillows. Staff near excellent. I haven't checked out yet so will advise.

Tiny gym but machines are fine. Reasonably priced massages. Close to shopping.
Restaurant excellent...expensive by local standards...but for me top quality. Breakfast buffet is fantastic with homemade breads and pastries...fruits galore. My only complaint is that the dinner menu is not huge...but what they have...great! I had the carpaccio EVERY TIME. A great sauvignon blanc is available and they'll keep it in the fridge for you day after day (ok...never lasted that long for me).

The other element i liked was i felt completely ok dining by myself as a woman...that makes a difference...believe me. Great restaurant staff especially the women.

Cannot recommend highly enough. I return in a few days.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank opusedward
avuckovich, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mision Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for such wonderful coments, and for sharing your experience with other traverlers. Your compliments are sincerely appreciated. We are truly fortunate to have such a dedicated team making service a way of life. I am glad that their sincere efforts contributed to portraying a true "Guarani Experience."

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Best Regards,

Alexa Vuckovich
Reservations and Sales Manager
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights (well, one, really) in my recent visit to Asuncion. I reserved two rooms for two nights there because of the great reviews I read on Tripadvisor, together with good recommendations from some local colleagues. The reservation was made through hotels.com using my credit card as a guarantee. My colleague and I arrived late at night on the first guaranteed day, and took a taxi to the hotel. From the outside, it is indeed an elegant, no, lovely, structure. When we arrived at the front desk, we were warmly greeted by an attendant who told me "we've been trying to contact you all day by phone as we have had a small problem with your reservation" (this was a downright lie). So the management of this lovely property had sold our two room, for which we'd guaranteed full payment, to another customer who had arrived sooner than us. They very magnaminously told us that they had derived us to another hotel for the first night, which would of course be complimentary, blah blah blah, and proceeded to take us to a two-star type of place better suited as maids quarters than as an equivalent property to what we had reserved and paid. The next morning, they did have rooms ready, and the rest of this review will be about the hotel itself.

The hotel itself is located in an expensive part of town, with top-line shopping centers, elegant boutiques, and beautiful houses in the neighborhood. A great deal of money, time and though went into the design and construction of this property. Everything is decorated with very good taste and refinement. The rooms, as compared with the Sheratons, are huge. There is wifi everywhere. Furniture is in good taste and original. So someone with a lot of cash obviously banked this property.

Everything then starts to fall apart from there. The fact that they don't honor guaranteed reservations is the first, and major, failure. And it wasn't that they overbooked themselves by one room. They overbooked themselves by two rooms (at least). And the alternative property they offer in compensation is filthy, dingy, and noisy at night with parties in the rooms. So my first comment with this hotel is *don't trust them unless you are arriving early in the day*. You can be absolutely sure that if you give them a guarantee and *don't* show, they will charge your credit card. But you should not assume the reverse. The guarantee you gave them with your credit card merely means that they will give you a room if you happen to be among the first to arrive.

Beyond the beautiful surroundings in the hotel, a lot of other things also start to fail and show management incapacity. The balconies, for example are beautiful. The balcony on my room had a lovely view of the neighborhood, and I would have used it, had it not been for the kitchen vent that blew food smells and grease into ones face because management was too cheap to pay for a few more meters of pipe and route the vents away from their guests faces. I can cite half a dozen other details which, when you look at the hotel from a distance, seem great, and when you get up close, are awful. And when you try to contact someone in the hotel management to resolve the issue, the manager or assistant doesn't even bother to show up to see what the problem is. And check-out is a heart-ache. Mine took so long that I left the attendant with my credit card and went to have a coffee and read the newspaper, and when i was finished, I came back to the front desk and they were still not finished. And I was not alone- the other businessmen trying to check out were starting to get impatient themselves. How long can it take to print an invoice, charge a credit card, and be done with it? At this hotel, it can take 30 - 45 minutes.

The only other comparable quality hotel in Asuncion is the Sheraton. I've stayed there several times. It is fine, though typically Sheraton. Expensive, standardized, boring, but reliable. If this place were managed by people with even a bit of competence, it would blow the Sheraton away, primarily because it is spacious and the decoration is so beautiful. My travelling companion liked the place in spite of its failures. I don't plan to stay at this property again. I'd rather pay more, get less, and know i have a room waiting for me and a service standard that is boring and predictable, than to go to a hotel as hit or miss as this, When I learn that ownership and/or management is comprised of something better than the cave-men (or cave-women) who currently comprise it the place has real merits. I suppose if the Sheraton has no more rooms, *and* if you are arriving early in the day, *and* if you don't mind a check-out that lasts a half an hour, this might be an alternative. Otherwise, find a better run place.

Room Tip: At this place, you only get a room (good or bad) if you arrive early. Don't count on your credit...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank adambena
We thank you for the time and effort taken in describing your experience at our hotel, even if it wasn´t in all positive, your suggestions will definitly be taken not only seriously, but into great account and will definitly help us improve.
A lot of dedication and care goes into everything we try to do daily, we work together as a family, and know for sure that we can make many mistakes, for this industry is made of people but we are truly dedicated and comited to serving others.
But our primary belief goes into believing not only in people, but that a "failure" is just a nother door opening to a great oportunity.
We truly hope to be able to great you back in our hotel again, hopefully to a diferent experience, and true "Guarani Feel" of what Paraguay really is.
My sincere apologies for the unhonored reservation, and most sincere thanks for the time you put into this review as well, for helping us grow.

Wishing you a nice day
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Simply the best food, service, and decor of a boutique hotel I have had the pleasure to experience in a long time. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Rtsutsumi
Sorry for taking so long to write back!
We are extreamly happy with your ranking and hope that in this time we have satyed the same or gotten better.
We pay close attention to details since we believe that is the key to making a difference.
Personalized service and good food are also two things which we hope to excell and characterize urselves by.
Hope to welcome you back at La Mision in your next vivist to Paraguay

sincerely,
Catalina Vuckovich
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is a hotel with a soul. The staff and service are top notch. Will be back many times and recommend it to anyone going to Asuncion.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Flamengista
It is with great joy that we recieve this review.
We are a priveleged hotel, for having such a wonderful staff of ladies and gentelman dedicated to serving the life of others and truly making this a home.
Our hopes, are to transmit a little bit of this to all of our guests, and that by that, you will truly feel a home as well.
Really, you couln´t have left us with better words, a "hotel with a soul."
Your review is an inspiration to keep working from the heart.

Best Regards.