$155
$150
Preferred Hotels
$76
$70
Asuncion Palace Hotel(Asuncion)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Palmas Del Sol(Asuncion)(Great Value!)
$44
$39
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $44/night.

$88
$57
All reviewscity hotelclassic stylefront desk staffguaranitriangularenglishparaguaycomfort
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Although the hotel has comfortable clean rooms and the staff is very kind and solicitous, the hotel occupies a whole block with rooms facing four noisy corners of Asuncion downtown. Therefore one must keep in mind that the comfortable rooms have nasty noises from the streets nearby; air conditioner and ear plugs are needed. Breakfast is just ok and so are the amenities.
On the other hand, being downtown gives access to a full set of attractions at reasonable prices. Shops (electronics, clothes, crafts etc) and touristic attractions are within walking distances. Asuncion downtown is also very safe to walk even at night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Andre O
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Bad experiences. Air conditioning not working. Tight quarters. High prices. Terrible service from reception. I tried a whole morning talking to Ms. Lydian booking, without success. Only appearance in the lobby! Never re-use it!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zurawel_sergio
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Very central location. Great breakfast buffet. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was very good, as were the cocktails. Nice poolside beds/chairs. Relaxed haven in the city!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was not my first time staying there. I never had a problem before but the last visit at the hotel was not ok. I booked a suite on the top floor with a view to the bay, when I got there I was given one with no view. After a long talk with the receptionist ( she was telling me they were full, they had no other rooms and that the room she gave me was the room I requested, luckily I had a copy of my reservation and after I showed it to her she found a room for me ) I was given a room with a partial view of the bay. Next time I go to Asuncion I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pombero23
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I arrived at the Guarani around 3 am after a delayed flight from Montevideo. I barely got a greeting from the receptionist (busy sending text messages on his phone) who checked me into a room the size of most bathrooms with a twin bed and rather uncomfortable mattress. The next day after breakfast (see below), I asked for another room and they did accommodate me, giving me a queen bed and slightly bigger living quarters. The rooms are basic - flat screen TV is only 22" and barely viewable unless you're standing 2 feet away. Rooms were clean, as were the linens. The bed in the 2nd room was actually quite comfortable and the air conditioning was amazing - a nice treat to come home to a cool room after a hot day in Asuncion.

I was sort of disappointed with the breakfast. Juices were excellent and freshly squeezed. Coffee was quite good too, but the scrambled eggs were very watery and I had to wait 15 minutes for the bacon to arrive. Service was good, though, however throughout the hotel, nobody spoke any English, which could be a problem for non-Spanish guests.

Service is professional (sometimes abrupt) but I wasn't made to feel overly welcome, like you would expect from a four-star hotel. Best things here are the powerful air conditioning, very strong wi-fi throughout the hotel and location - close to all the old government buildings, and a pretty big outdoor pool that was clean and a perfect temperature. The neighborhood looks sketchy but it's actually quite safe, even in the middle of the night.

Next time I come back, I will likely pass over this option and try the Sheraton.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo