“"Fantastic"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Sleepin International Hotel
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Georgetown
Brooklyn, New York
“"Fantastic"”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had the opportunity of staying here in May 2014. I ended up at Sleepinn After a disastrous stay at "status international". I must say Sleepin rooms are comfortable. Breakfast is great. Staff was helpful. It's centrally located and very convenient for easy access to Stabroek market, regent street etc. I highly recommend this hotel and the prices are good for such great service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank Frequentflyer1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My parents, daughter, husband and I Stayed at sleep inn from March 8-18 2014. The location was central and convenient to our relatives on the West coast. The staff were great and made efforts to keep the place clean and they made all efforts to serve you better. We enjoyed the breakfast and the pool. My daughter loved swimming every morning. I would stay at Sleep inn again. It is great value as the room rates are reasonable and some have kitchenettes. There are two things I would recommend to improve the hotel 1) buzzers to the rooms as this would prevent taxis and people from knocking on the doors and disturbing other guests 2) signs requesting swimmers shower before entering the pool - we notice many did not shower before swimming. Overall we had a great stay at Sleep inn

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank FJLRaw
Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at the Sleepin Hotel duirng the monthe of February 2014. This was the third time that I have stayed at this hotel. I must say that they are trying and that the service has improved since my last visit in 2012. However, there is still lots of room for improvements - my main concern was about the ordering of food. A breakfast is served by the Hotel but my husband who have been advised by his Doctor that he should consume very little salt, was unable to eat the breakfast that is served by the hotel. I therefore tried to order a breakfast from the kitchen which I was paying for, and I was told that I could not do this (the kitchen was open ) and that I could go around the corner to the littlecafe up the street. Added to this, the cleaners have to clean the room at a specific time, e.g 9.00am (they start at one end and work their way down to the other end). if you are not an early riser then the room will not be cleaned. Despite these little hiccups we had a great time and enjoyed the sun shine immensely. One last comment, The Front Counter Staff have to finish their private conversation (on the phone) while you wait on them to provide service - sad to say but they do need to be trained to provide better Customer Service.

Room Tip: If you are not prepared to climb four sets of stairs, do not take a room on the top floor. The draw...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank lyn m
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Again the Sleepin International hotel was a nice stay in Georgetown, good rates, nice restaurant and bar. Front desk isn't always 4 or 5 star service but helpful. had problems connecting to the WiFi on this trip. All in all I will return to this hotel nicely located in walking distance near the attractions in Georgetown.

Room Tip: rooms in the same building as reception is best can be confusing when you get the back building, ask...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank zato1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great place to stay!
Fully Air Conditioned, great staff always happy to take your food/drinks order at the bar and the nice thing was they were all in uniform.
My brother who is recovering from a stroke said the massage he received helped him enormostly. TAxis beep you outside the hotel but if you don't acknowlege them they continue straight on. No need but I will mention the Mozzies! So if you don't have 50% Deet, all I will say is that you're eyes will never be fast enough to avoid he inevitable (day or night!).
One BIG tip that you must not forget.
Call and arrange for the hotel to collect you from the airport as it was much cheaper at $8,000 than what we paid in US$.

Room Tip: Must have AC and ask for those around the pool off ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DiamondCoder
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I recently spent around 8 nights at Sleepin. Before and after visiting the interior of Guyana.

I wrote to them a couple of months before my arrival to make a reservation. I was told that I would need to call to confirm. So I made the expensive international call only to be told I needed to call closer to the time (Thanks for making that clear, not). A Georgetown based friend of mine called them a couple of weeks before I arrived and was told that all was in order. Just to be doubly sure I mailed them even closer to the time to confirm again. I wrote three emails to which I received no reply. Hardly 'international' customer service.

I wasn't greatly surprised when I arrived at the hotel and despite everything they did not have a reservation for me for all the dates which I had asked for. Though as this was low season it wasn't a problem.

I had a $55 room (plus 16% tax, I really hate that. Why not just state the real cost in the first place?) It came equipped with a/c, incredibly loud fridge and private hot water bathroom. It was pretty small, not much room to move around. There was no blanket on the bed, just two thin sheets so it was a challenge to find the right temperature for the a/c in order to not wake up freezing. Wifi worked ok most of the time.

The restaurant bar area was pleasant. Complete with swimming pool which was a godsend in the Georgetown heat. There's also a pool table which was free. The food was ok, portions quite small. Drinks were a little pricey. Mix drinks seem to invariably came with flat coke from an already opened bottle kept behind the bar.

There was also a kind of mini gym - running machine, weights, sit ups bench. Good if you start to feel guilty about all those beers you've consumed in the Caribbean heat.

I went away to the jungle for a few days. Before I left I reconfirmed my reservation (twice) for when I was due to return. My Georgetown based friend also called them whilst I was away to ensure everything was in order. Upon my return 4 nights later they did not have the room available which I had reserved. The incompetence is astounding. 'International'? 'Luckily' for me this mistake meant that they gave me a slightly more expensive room for the price of the one I had asked for.

This second room was slightly bigger than the first had a microwave, a big arm chair (which filled the room) and a balcony with a stunning close up view of the side of the building next door.

Reception staff were a sullen bunch. Not the most welcoming or customer service minded (though they warmed to me a little the longer I was there). I would sometimes stand and wait whilst they finished their conversations with their friends who were hanging out. You can change money with them. And they'll call you a taxi when required.

Staff in the bar were a little friendlier but service often left something to be desired.

On my last night (when I would have liked to get to bed early) they had a karaoke evening. This went on until midnight. It was very loud in my room on the other side of the building. If I'd had one of the rooms overlooking the pool it would have been unbearable.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Despite the failings of the staff it offers good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Supadappa
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for the Christmas and New Years holidays so a total of two weeks. The room was clean and the staff was friendly except for one lady. Overall the food was good, the daily housekeeping service was good and even the karaoke on Thursdays was ok if you are into that kind of thing. The prices were reasonable and each room has a fridge and microwave, flat screen tv. Some rooms have cable others don't so that was disappointing. However, we had so much to do (there for a wedding, etc.) that we really didn't miss TV. If you need a cab the front desk is more than happy to call for you and they deal with a good cab service so the wait is less than 5 mins most times. Hotel is in walking distance of the market and other landmarks (not far from the mall and other markets). Just be sure to bring plenty of bug spray because the mosquitos are horrible at times. Bed was a little hard but I have a pillow top at home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are the best. Otherwise you have a view of a brick wall.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family