“Fair Value, Clean, Good Service and Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleepin International Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Sleepin International Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Georgetown
Paramaribo, Suriname
“Fair Value, Clean, Good Service and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Sleep Inn Church St. before. This was my first time at Sleep Inn Int. at Brickdam and I was impress. The rooms are big and has tall ceilings. I love the outside patios to enjoy the cool breeze and drinks. The food and drinks are not expensive. Breafast is good and the pool area is really nice for chill times. Great staff and cool people, not bad for GT in the city centre. I will stay there again. The mangager took good care of my issues and moved me to this hotel after Church st had some renovation going on.

Note: In Guyana they boil their chicken and then barqeque it; thats not for me, they gladly gave me fish instead.

Excellent Manager

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank SLM747

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My group of twelve spent two Weeks at this hotel. On arriving we were greeted by the front desk staff and were allowed to see the rooms before we took them....by the way we had reservations.We saw the rooms and were quite happy with them....to be honest if I had gone with the reviews on Tripadvisor my choice would have been different. The breakfast was good we had no problem with it.....the home made juice was delicious. The housekeepin staff for room#37 were very friendly ....they were always willing to assist.....keep up the goodwo rk ladies....we use the pool all hours and had no problem.....only if there are weddings using the area ......we could not use the pool or that area..thT was understandable ....some of our members were disabled and they enjoyed the place and the atmosphere....they were treated with respect by the Staff, especially the front desk staff who they interacted with on a daily basis..with the changing of money and ordering a meal....Thanks to the ladies in the salon ....your service was greatlyappreciateds a nd you rendered it well......we loved the karaoke .....we will definitely be back

THANKS FROM THE DISABLED UNITY GROUP

Room Tip: Room# 37,44,47,48......room 37 overlooks the pool ....nice and roomy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bajanmar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the sleep in in July 2012. HThe strive that I received was excellent. Almost all of the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. I had one staff member that I found rude and didn't care for. The rooms were clean and comfortable for a family of four with storage space. They have two bedroom rooms, however, none were available when I booked. My family of four stayed in the regular room with two double beds. The rooms had wifi, a refrigerator, and microwave, and of course, AC.

What the hotel doesn't have is Full service kitchen, like Pegasus. Breakfast is nothing to get excited about andit is free. For lunch and dinner we always ate out or ordered takeout. Numerous restaurants deliver to this hotel and then you will have days that you prefer to go out to eat.

Additionally, this hotel does have a fully functioning pool. When I was booking I saw the reviews which stated that no pools were available. Please note that Guyana has a few sleepinn, however, the location on Brickdam road is the location with pool and amenities and accessible to the major tourist attractions.

Please note that this is not a five star hotel at all, Guyana doesn't have any. This is like a Days inn, or Howard Johnson at best. It has new and modern decor compared to all the hotels in Guyana and moderately priced. My room was $70 usd per night.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The higher floors have balconies, however the hotel does not have elevators.
Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Sleepin in January 2012. There were problems securing a reservation since the numbers online seem to be wrong. In spite of my calls, I did not get the room I thought I reserved from the first day. It was only after clients left that I was able to shift. In spite of this, I was impressed by the general ambiance. Rooms are comfortable, dining area with complimentary breakfast is very good. Meals are also available during the day. It's a nice lime when there's karaoke: it's a time to meet some of Guyana's best entertainers! The location is also great- within walking distance to the city centre and the taxi service prompt and dependable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terese F
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep In hotel on my recent visit to Guyana after 20 years and it was one of the best experience. Best value for the money compared to other hotels. They serve an excellent complementary breakfast daily and they don't skimp on the portions. The pool and patio area are always clean and tidy. The rooms are spacious and the amenities are excellent. The atmosphere at Sleep In is great especially on Karoake Night. I agreed with the previous reviewer that the cleaning staff are very friendly and courteous but the front desk staff needs to be more pleasant/friendly to their guests.

2 Thank DeenMississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is my second review of this hotel. Stayed there in July 2012 and had an amazing time. The staff are the nicest group of people I have ever met and the manager is extremely personable in a very professional manner. Karaoke night at Sleepin was very entertaining especially when the President of Guyana showed up and actually sang.. (Priceless) Love Love this place... I am definitely going back again

4 Thank Naz03
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My 4th visit to GT,my 3rd stay at this hotel...Love this hotel,great rooms,great location and an incredible price....will stay here everytime I visit Guyana in the future...so comfortable.....its best to confirm ur resv by calling before u get there....2 negatives I would mention for management to work on.....#1. Whatever they mop the floors with,please change lt......its either what they put in the water to mop with or maybe they need to change the mopping water for frequently because it leaves a weird odor.....easy fix guys....#2. the maids and persons cleaning the hotel are very friendly and pleasant...but your front desk staff has NO personality....they are not rude.....just they don't smile and not very accomodating.....maybe u can switch the housekeeping staff wt the front desk staff....that might work better....again ...no personality at front desk.....by the third stay it was obvious. Still love this hotel,I definitely recommend it to all travelers........nice,clean,comfortable rooms.....frm SHARIF

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo