“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleepin International Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Sleepin International Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Georgetown
Mississauga
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep In hotel on my recent visit to Guyana after 20 years and it was one of the best experience. Best value for the money compared to other hotels. They serve an excellent complementary breakfast daily and they don't skimp on the portions. The pool and patio area are always clean and tidy. The rooms are spacious and the amenities are excellent. The atmosphere at Sleep In is great especially on Karoake Night. I agreed with the previous reviewer that the cleaning staff are very friendly and courteous but the front desk staff needs to be more pleasant/friendly to their guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DeenMississauga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is my second review of this hotel. Stayed there in July 2012 and had an amazing time. The staff are the nicest group of people I have ever met and the manager is extremely personable in a very professional manner. Karaoke night at Sleepin was very entertaining especially when the President of Guyana showed up and actually sang.. (Priceless) Love Love this place... I am definitely going back again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Naz03
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My 4th visit to GT,my 3rd stay at this hotel...Love this hotel,great rooms,great location and an incredible price....will stay here everytime I visit Guyana in the future...so comfortable.....its best to confirm ur resv by calling before u get there....2 negatives I would mention for management to work on.....#1. Whatever they mop the floors with,please change lt......its either what they put in the water to mop with or maybe they need to change the mopping water for frequently because it leaves a weird odor.....easy fix guys....#2. the maids and persons cleaning the hotel are very friendly and pleasant...but your front desk staff has NO personality....they are not rude.....just they don't smile and not very accomodating.....maybe u can switch the housekeeping staff wt the front desk staff....that might work better....again ...no personality at front desk.....by the third stay it was obvious. Still love this hotel,I definitely recommend it to all travelers........nice,clean,comfortable rooms.....frm SHARIF

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Kingsland, Christ Church, Barbados
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep In on three (3) occasions.Those occasions were in 2008,2009 & 2011.
In 2009,I thoroughly enjoyed myself.The service was excellent taking into consideration the price that was charged for the rooms.It was definitely value for money.
I returned the following year (2009) and again I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.
Unfortunately,when I returned last year (2011),the experience was not what I had come to expect.I made reservations and those reservations were confirmed when I contacted the hotel the day I departed for Guyana.I reconfirmed my reservation and I indicated the expected time of my arrival.
Unfortunately,my flight got delay and I arrived in Guyana at least three (3) hours later than scheduled.Upon my arrival at Sleep-In,I was informed that my reservation got cancelled because of my late arrival.I was made aware at that time that the hotel has a policy of cancelling reservations after two (2) hours of non-arrival. I was so disappointed.
Nevertheless,I went over at Palace De Leon on Croal Street for the night at the request of Sleep-In. I stayed one (1) night at that place because the following morning I received a call from Sleep In indicating that accommodation was available.Since Palace De Leon was an ordinary guest house,I reluctantly accepted Sleep In offer.
I stayed for two (2) weeks.I enjoyed the stay at Sleep In despite my initial disappointment.However,it must be emphasized that the meals at the Sleep-In are nothing to shout about and those meals usually take an inordinate long time to be served.
I am planning to visit Guyana again this year and hopefully I will stay at the Sleep-In again.
Despite some challenges,I would recommend Sleep In as a decent hotel to stay at when visiting Guyana.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank David S
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My first trip to georgetown was in October 2011 My husband and another couple shared a 2 bedbroom apt style at the Sleepin Hotel. It was well appointed with AC, Warm showers Breakfast included in the rates Free Coffee and tea 24 hrs The property is ideally located near the city yet in a quiet area,no open drainage around as seen in most sections of the city, the staff very helpful.Expansion was taking place at the time occupancy seems very high and rightly so.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have a great view of the city
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank cjl_12
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently visited my homeland (GUYANA) after a very long time. Myself and husband did a lot of research on hotels, prior to our visit. We do travel frequently and is very particular about hotels. Our focus were on the following: Good rates, professionalism, location, service and most of all - A beautiful, comfortable place that has the atmosphere to match with some added amenities . Sleepin International Hotel was our choice!.
I spent eight days and was very happy, indeed.
Due to my ultimate satisfaction, I inquired and was able to meet direct with the owner: Mr. C. Bacchus to express my thanks for the overall wonderful experience I had.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Indira R
Cremona, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Horrible experience.
1) They couldn't find my reservation when I arrived.
2) I had to change room in the middle of the night because it was raining inside.
3) One blackout after the other.
4) 1 hour and a half to get a cheeseburger (don't they call it "fast food"?).
5) Terribly poor breakfast (the place is also dirty).
6) All the sudden I couldn't open the door of the bathroom. I was shut from the inside with nobody inside! It took 2 hours to get the door open.
7) They asked me for extra money because I was staying in a better room, even if I changed it, because of the rain coming inside from the roof.
8) The manager of the hotel is veeeeery rude. Instead of beeing sorry for all the problems, she said "things happen"!!!!
Conclusion: stay away from this hotel and its people!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank aletokyo

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels