stayed here after seeing a great ad online plus visiting the website..
pros: very nice atmosphere/location, rooms comfortable, good breakfast
cons:horrible service - booked room for 4 nights - on arrival told we can't stay the last night since there was some mixup with the booking - ok fine we agreed to 3 nights. on our second morning there we were 'greeted' by the girl from the front desk who with plenty of attitude and no apology, informed us that we would have to move from the room we were in (and had already paid for) since there was some other mixup with bookings and a client 'who always stayed in this room' needed it...we would be moved to a standard room next door.
suffice to say, even though we got a refund for the night we paid for, plus a minimal deduction from breakfast - we were outta there! i would not recommend staying here unless i get some reliable evidence that the lodge's service had improved drastically!
further, -poor television reception, security issues
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate heritage hotel in Guyana, Herdmanston prides itself in excellent guest service. One of only a few Guyana hotels that has maintained Guyana's distinctive colonial architecture. Herdmanston hotel is perched within extensive lawns and garden which is home to some of the gentle flora and fauna of central Georgetown. While our lawns and gardens are spacious, our small hotel size allows us to offer to our guests personalized service catering for your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Herdmanston Hotel Georgetown
- Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels Georgetown