Cara Lodge(Georgetown)
$48
$95
Signature Inn(Georgetown)
$67
The Eldorado Inn(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Breakfast included
The Durban Hotel(Georgetown)
$85
$60
  • Pool
Brittany's Hotel(Georgetown)
Agoda.com
All reviewsnew winghome from homefashion showgolden apple juicewithin walking distance of the hotelmiddle classgracious staffsmall placebrazilian embassyresidential arealocal farefresh fruitbotanical gardenslate flightcomfortable roomsspent nightsi highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed April 6, 2014

What an amazing place! This beautifully maintained, family run guesthouse is situated in a smart, residential neighbourhood, close to the Suriname embassy. The customer service from the staff and owners is first class. We were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. Our room (9) was spacious and quiet. Not far from our room was an open air verandah where we enjoyed reading books and helping ourselves to free tea and coffee whilst feeling the breeze all around us. Herdmanston also offer home cooked meals in the evening which were excellent. We walked everywhere in Georgetown during daylight hours, and found it very safe (we did not use taxis but they can easily be ordered). The friendliness and generosity of the Guyanese people was one of the best aspects of our six day stay. We visited Guyana from Suriname, travelling overland by minibus. With hindsight, we wish we had planned to stay longer in Guyana. If you have read anything about Guyana, then you will know that Kaieteur Falls is not to be missed. To be near such a mighty waterfall surrounded by pure nature was awe inspiring. The trip to the El Dorado rum factory was fun too.

Room Tip: A new block - on the other side of the garden to our accommodation - was close to completion when we left. The right room for you depends on whether you prefer colonial type, traditional rooms or more modern, newly built.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Englishtravelfanatic
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were really pleased with our stay here. Nice rooms, kept clean. The building itself is a beatuiful old colonial home, and was a nice difference from the hostels we were used to staying in. The only thing I'd avoid here is the little restaurant that's connected to it. The food was quite good, but what you pay for the portion size is well more than what you can get at local restaurants. That's really not a reason to avoid this place though. Different staff members were very quick to assist us when we needed a little planning in our day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just had a function held at this hotel. We requested a room to hold 100 guests but the room allocated was unable to hold the amount of invitees. It was so cramped the guests could not pass in and out of their seats and the servers did not have access to the guests for serving. The service was poor there was no water on the table not all the place setttngs were completed with glasses and cutlery. Some of our guests were seated in an unfinished room and they were separated from the main function and were unable to participate in the activities.
The food was not tasty.
The function was very costly and we feel that we did not get value for our money. It was obvious that this hotel is not equipped for handling large functions and as such they should not commit.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MaursR557
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at the Herdmanston Lodge from mid September to mid October and can truly say it is the best Hotel in Guyana as I have been going there, and staying in hotels, every year since 2001. Indeed I was so pleased with the courtesy, kindness and helpful nature of all the staff that I shall be going back in a few months time.d
My initial negotiation for accommodation was with Dee, who was there shortly after my arrival to welcome me and check that the room had all the facilities and comfort I needed. Thereafter the service got even better, for example I mentioned that I wanted to find out the time of Sunday morning Church service and within five minutes had a call giving me the time. (Sunday services time changes). All the staff, kitchen, reception, security and gardeners were very friendly and helpful and for me Spring can't come soon enough.

Room Tip: A new wing was being built so I do not know what it will add to the overall comfort.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Stenigot
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My stay at the HERDMANSTON LODGE was just as it is described.Clean, spacious with excellent customer service starting from Juanita ,who took my reservations over the phone,the night guard who escorted me to my Executive Suite to Mr.Keith Williams who made my accquaintance on my departure.[He sought me out when he recognized my name.]
I would certainly recommend this hotel.to anyone who is visiting Guyana and is looking to stay at a safe ,clean delightful hotel where it is said Kings and Queens stayed many years ago.

Room Tip: Reserve your room early. Only the executive suite was available and I was travelling solo. Would like to suggest an elevator in case I bring my Mom for a visit.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business