“Home away from home”

Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Herdmanston for 5 nights recently. My room was spacious and clean, and had great wifi access. A welcoming, breezy, 2nd floor balcony was a great place to work and relax. What impressed me the most was the staff - everyone was so genuinely friendly and made you feel like a part of the Herdmanston family. Tina went out of her to make me authentic Guyanese dinners and the Sunday brunch was excellent. The owners and staff definitely put the guests first. I can't wait to come back again soon, especially to see the expansion that is set to open in the next few months.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Freedom2024

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed only one night in this small hotel but enjoyed it a lot. I had a very good dinner on the veranda and my room was very spacious and clean.

The people were very helpful and I really could feel safe all the time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank golfaten
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my first trip to Guyana, and I was a bit concerned about the quality of the lodging options in the city. The Herdmanston proved to be a very good place to stay, with a comfortable room, excellent service, and manicured gardens. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast at the Lodge's restaurant. Our room was large, with an excellent 2nd floor deck. The neighborhood is safe, with a small store nearby with water/food/snacks/etc. Would stay again at this property during future trips.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CacheHiker
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here for 16 wonderful and enjoyable days (9/30/13 - 10/16/13) and found it hard to believe that we were at a commercial entity for it was more like home away from home. The Herdmanston Lodge is certainly a very special and inviting place, where its staff will go beyond the call of duty to meet your needs in every way possible. It was very clear to us that they focused their operations on Guest Satisfaction.

Our accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the entire property, including the manicured grounds and gardens were most pleasing and inviting. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and everything worked, including the television with numerous channels, and the complimentary computer with internet access. The meals were excellent and we were able to order dishes of our choice. Don't miss the Breakfast Buffet on Sunday mornings.

We even enjoyed the excellent sea-breeze from the Atlantic Ocean and took note of The Herdmanston's expansion, which will soon add another 18 rooms in its path and provide future guests with some wonderful views. We cannot wait to return.

Merv & Joyce A
Springboro, Ohio
,USA

Room Tip: Rooms to the north ( the Atlantic side) will offer better views and much more breeze.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mervyn A
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A lovely home away from home experience where you are really made to be part of the family. If you like local cuisine, then this is the place to stay. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The property is quite old but there is a new extension being built.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank William C
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My niece decided to get married in Georgetown and I have not been home in 19years, so I was a bit skeptical about where to stay. A friend of ours just came back from there and recommended this hotel. I did some research and decided to give it a try. We( my sister Marva, my brother Wendell and I ) were not disappointed. From our arrival to departure, there were no regrets.we were even given a chance to choose the room we like best. Miss Edna went over and a oven her call of duties to make our stay memorable. Sunday morning brunch is not to be missed, you name the dish, it was there. I even had cassava bread...wow. Thanks to all the staff not forgetting the gardener. Can't wait to see the extension...will definitely return. BL

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Country1972
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel arranged for airport pickup which was great since I was arriving just after midnight. The driver was polite and informative and did not mind my host of questions during the hour long drive from the airport to Georgetown. The hotel security led me to my room which was ready with lights, TV, and a/c. The room had a balcony shared with one other room. The balcony overlooked a great garden that was filled with birds in the early morning. The hotel personnel gave me directions to church, the botanical gardens, the zoo, art gallery, and seawall - all within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is in a beautiful neighborhood. The next day the hotel personnel gave me directions and loaned me small change to take the minibus for the 15 minute drive into Georgetown.

Room Tip: Definitely get one of the rooms with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo