My family and I stayed here while attending my father's funeral. I was most impressed with their acts of kindness and thoughtfulness. After the funeral, they brought sandwiches and drinks to our rooms without being asked and left us a sympathy card on our last night. We had an extremely early morning flight and provided us with sandwiches to take. All of the kitchen staff were very polite, helpful and accommodating. We ate at random times and they were very patient. The food is freshly prepared and delicious. The Sunday brunch was amazing, with delicious Guyanese staples. The lodge is in a quiet neighbourhood and we felt safe while staying there. But the most outstanding feature is the pleasantness and helpfulness of the staff. We will definitely stay there in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate heritage hotel in Guyana, Herdmanston prides itself in excellent guest service. One of only a few Guyana hotels that has maintained Guyana's distinctive colonial architecture. Herdmanston hotel is perched within extensive lawns and garden which is home to some of the gentle flora and fauna of central Georgetown. While our lawns and gardens are spacious, our small hotel size allows us to offer to our guests personalized service catering for your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Herdmanston Hotel Georgetown
- Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels Georgetown