“accomodating”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Pegasus Hotel Guyana
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Georgetown
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“accomodating”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was my first visit to guyana I was suprised to see donkey carts still being used for transportation that was surprising. It was interesting to see the development and the none development of Guyana. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable not much yard space it's a bit tight buffet breakfast is okay not much of a variety just a few local dishes dinner ambience is nice. Not forgeting the excellent service of the staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zippy331

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Trinidad, Caribbean
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A hotel with a clean room, internet, and breakfast. This is a good place to stay if you want a comfortable business stay in Guyana. Views can be of the ocean front or the car park and roads.
Room service is a plus at night. (I think the kitchen closes at a certain time)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NadiaST
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my 4th or 5th stay at the Peg... and I keep coming back for more. I was pleasantly surprised with the minor (cosmetic) changes done to the Public areas, but still service at the cafe is awful. I had to get off my table once when my drink and menu did not show up after 15 minutes... Why bother, when New Thriving ( Excellent Chinese) is a US$2 cab drive away?
I only book the Kingston Wing rooms as they are actually not bad at all, although the water still smells like rust... The price (close to US$200) is ridiculous, it is more than likely your company is paying and there aren't many options.
Tried the Cara Lodge for a couple of stays, but could only stand their suites, which are attic-like and too huge for my taste... Food at the restaurant is great though, but there is nowhere near to go for a walk....Seawall next to the Peg is very pleasant for a walk or run at sunset.
You will probably be less inclined to stay here once you know that the Peg's owner is using his influence to block the Marriott from being built next door... Effectively relegating Guyana to 3rd world status (hotel-wise) for many more years to come... What a shame!

Room Tip: Kingston Wing... 3rd floor... Ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first time there and it was just ok. The air conditioning stopped working for half of a day but was assiduosly restored by maintenance. The food was palatable for the most part (the cherry juice and the hamburgers were delicious!!). Security wasn't a concern for me as there were always security officers present. The rooms are a ill small and the cable selection was limited but it was tolerable overall. Needs updating though.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just wanted to write to you about my experience at the Pegasus Hotel. I stayed for a night on Monday, January 9th 2012. I was very disappointed with the service and lack of professionalism at the hotel especially when it claims to be a five star Hotel with a 5 star price to match. I have been in the hospitality business for over 25 years and I am very familiar with good and bad service. I am a restaurateur, Sommelier, and professional chef who only wants to see businesses succeed, especially in my home land.

My first bad experience with Pegasus was at dinner. I ordered a bottle of wine and was very surprised that my server didn’t even know how to open the bottle much less serve a bottle of wine or even serve a table. What’s the point of selling bottles of wine if no one knows how to open the bottle or even serve it. I did take it upon myself to provide my expertise in the area and gave him some tips on providing excellent service of which he was very appreciative. When I asked about the lack of training I was advised that it was due to a high staff turnover rate. I was appalled at this comment, since it basically meant that the staff wasn’t worth training and the customers didn’t deserve trained staff providing good service. I think the high turnover rate is due to not providing proper training which affects the quality of service provided. Poor service will lead to poor tips.

My experience led me to request to speak to the manager and I am still waiting to see her, but I highly doubt she is planning on coming to Canada to see me which has led me to write this letter. Although I made my concerns known, nothing was done about it and I didn’t even get an apology for the poor service I received. I offered my services and expertise for free as I think the restaurant and hotel had a lot of potential, the staff just needed some proper training.
However, no one showed any interest or initiative to benefit from my expertise.
The next day while I was taking a shower the water was cut off, I came to front desk and asked to speak to the General Manager whom I shared my experience with. I do think that if I am paying for a room, I should be able to at least have water to shower. We had a long chat yet I was surprised she didn’t do anything about it. She did say she wished that the Food and Beverage Manager was there to listen to my concerns.

I am writing this letter in hopes that you address my concerns which will not only benefit your staff but your current and future customers.

Ganesh Mohan

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank Ganesh M

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Was at the Pegasus recently. Most of staff quite pleasant. Service in cafe very slow and room service hit and miss to even show up. AIr conditioning spotty. Room otherwise pretty clean albeit small (was in tower). From what I hear there are not a lot of other good options in Georgetown, unfortunately.

Room Tip: request a room in the Kingston Wing
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Canadiantraveller29
England
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Business trip to Georgetown in March 2012.

Third stay in the Pegasus and quite enjoyed it despite the excessive cost, not that there's many suitable alternatives.
Hotel was fairly quiet, plenty of space in restaurant and at the pool.
Room was a bit run down and a little neglected but had lots of space and felt very comfortable. Bathroom also spacious, also tatty but plenty of area to store toiletries. Large flat tv with limited channels. Room service, efficient but not a lot of choice.
Generally staff were pretty good, some really friendly but a few always grumpy.
Breakfast food ok, a reasonable selection but quality not great. Eggs super-runny, bacon super-greasy and coffee super-weak.
Pool area nice but too cluttered with tables and chairs, also a limited number of sunbeds.
The gym has been temporarily relocated pending renovation so hopefully there'll be more than one treadmill next time! Lots of other building work taking place so plenty of drilling and banging all day long to provide an unwelcome distraction when trying to relax or work.
Overall, a pleasant stay but the hotel is totally overpriced, inevitable as there's still no competition. By the way, did I mention that it's overpriced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business