The last time I visited Guyana was over 20 years ago. My family and I having been planning to go back and visit for years. Not sure of what to expect, we delayed going back and opted for cruises each year. Finally we decided to go two months ago during the holiday season. After researching all the hotels, we decided on Grand Coastal since it was away from the city and thought it would be more cozy and safer. From the moment I made the reservations, I had so many questions. I kept emailing the staff who promptly replied answering my every question and constantly reassured me of all my concerns.
Upon my arrival at the airport, there was a vehicle waiting to take us to the hotel. The driver was very patient, helpful, and informative.
Our first impression of the hotel was unforgetful. The first thing my husband noticed was the bar and grill by the pool which looked so inviting, my kids (ages 11 & 13) immediately noticed the beautiful pool and lovely Christmas decorations (which made the place look like something out of a fairy tale, according to my daughter). I noticed the security guards at the gate and immediately felt safe. The staff was incredibly helpful in getting our luggage up to the room and checking in was a breeze. We were also immediately informed of available food, drinks, and refreshments. Grateful for this info since my kids are always starving.
I can compare our room to that of a master suite on a cruise ship, but larger and way more opulent. Our suite came with a separate kitchen, sitting / entertaining area with a sofa bed, refrigerator, microwave, etc. The beds and pillows were very luxurious. The bathroom was huge with a cabinets/ shelves to put away all our things so we were neatly organized. The room and bathroom were always kept immaculate (so important to me). Great job housekeeping!
The head of house keeping (Ms. Dahta) came to meet us, she was so warm and welcoming and made herself and her staff available to us at all times, we were never short of anything.
The Food: The best part of our stay. I couldn't believe the menu when i saw it. MY husband and I enjoyed all the authentic Guyanese flavors every morning for breakfast. Any kind of vegetables that you can possible desire with shrimp was served for breakfast with hot roti, my children enjoyed the typical American breakfast. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating. I will always remember Mahendra and Romaine, who provided us with exceptional service, information, and comfort. Mr. Ramesh, the GM, came over to us several times to make sure we were comfortable. The whole vacation, my husband and I kept saying to ourselves, why did we take so long to return? GC provided us with all the comforts of a five star hotel, yet we had the feel of being at home with the food, service and warmth of the staff. The staff arranged a car at all times for our touring needs. We never worried about safety or transportation. My children enjoyed being served at the pool daily and room service at their finger tips, they also enjoyed the wifi and cable TV. The only reason we cruise so much is because we love the exceptional food, service and being pampered. Grand Coastal, you were above and beyond all my cruising experiences. The service was exceptional from the moment we landed at the airport to the minute we checked out. I can write a book on my wonderful experiences. All I can say is thank you for our unforgettable memories. Can't wait to return!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Coastal Hotel located on the East Coast outside of Georgetown has been enjoying business in Guyana for about thirteen years. It's a 40-room facility that has grown to become one of the best places to stay in terms of our affordable prices, fantastic service and delicious food. The menu has many options to choose from since we cater to various international guests, yet doesn't forget about their own people with the Flavors of Guyana on Wednesday nights. Some of the best local dishes Guyana has to offer are served this night. Grand Coastal is home to many other amenities such as a fully equipped gym, pool, complementary broadband Internet and cable television and other luxuries that are sure to make your stay pleasurable. Our smiles are bright, our service unmatched and our hotel is your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Grand Coastal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coastal Hotel Georgetown
- Grand Coastal Hotel Guyana/Georgetown