“Very comfortable guest house”
Review of Signature Inn

and 1 more site!
Signature Inn
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Signature Inn for 4 days in late August. The room on the first floor was excellent ,it had good working air con, clean and with a very comfortable bed. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Changed our currency at national rate and arranged for hire car when requested. The area was quiet enough and central to Georgetown. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: first floor to the front of the hotel was good as you could sit on the balcony directly outside the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 356Kay

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in mid-August. The entire lower floor was rented out to a group of Brazilian gold miners who come there during the weekend. They were a jovial but noisy bunch who took over the courtyard with their girlfriends. We stayed on the first floor in a room that you theoretically could cook in. There was a working microwave which was great, and a couple of plates and forks. We went out and bought our own bowls and mugs and a decent knife. The hotel staff was polite and pleasant. Rooms and the rest of the hotel were extremely clean. The room was OK, the air conditioning worked fine. We didn't care for the neighbourhood nor for most of the restaurants nearby. A good supermarket, Nigel's, is within walking distance and worth it. Taxis are inexpensive in Georgetown, so one could walk there and take a taxi back with the stuff. For the price we have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank J W
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here before and after my trip to the jungle, the rooms are large and the beds were comfortable, price included a basic breakfast. I had a problem with the air conditioning on the ending portion of my trip but I have to say the staff called the repairman twice and he couldn't do the job properly as it kept shutting down, no fault of the hotel as they did what they could, even bringing in a floor standing fan.I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Not the best of locations but it was nice and quiet compared to the International sleeping inn.

Room Tip: Rooms 123 green and 124 pink seem to be the nicest
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank zato1
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Inn on a business trip and found the hotel more than adequate for what I needed. Room is large and clean, bed was comfortable. The breakfast was fresh and although very basic, it did the job. The air-conditioning in the room worked well and it was really needed as it was hot and humid during the night.
The staff were all very nice and friendly and made me feel welcome.
I would recommend staying here for anyone who wants a clean hotel with good staff at a reasonable price

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Frequent_Traveller71
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stay there for two nights, Inn was clean and the staff was very helpful. Hope to return there on my next trip. Breakfast is included and serviced on time. Taxi fare from Inn to anywhere in GT is $300....$1.50us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynton L
Reviewed August 20, 2013

average hotel.I stayed 4 days in July. Location is not the best. It is not in the better part of Queenstown. The staff was helpful but very forgetful....they missed 2 days breakfast instructions. Guests arriving at 1.25 a.m. made a helluva ruckus above me and while going up the stairs. My room was OK but I did not have any control of the room temperature.....it was preset at 25C to save on the electricity bill I presume. A couple of insects were seen but there was spraying late in my stay. The TV stations were limited and reception was poor. I felt relatively safe but I didn't walk about. I always used taxis. There was no soap on my first day....I got my own. Towels were not changed often. The generator worked well during power outages.
On the whole, the hotel served its purpose since I only needed it for sleeping mostly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank pudding541
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at the Signiture Inn in Georgetown for 2 weeks with my wife, her father and sister, brother in Law and their 2 young children in 3 separate rooms. We all had a lovely time in the Guest house the staff could not have been more helpful. My wife has a large family in Georgetown and the staff were passing numerous messages to us and did not charge for the vast number of local telephone call we made on the hotel phone. The rooms were spacious, very clean and well equiped with a fridge and microwave and we had hot water whenever we needed it. The beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept in.The air conditioning was a god send as it was very hot outside. We had breakfast each day and were asked what time we wanted it and could have it in the courtyard or in the room, it was of variable quality. The only problem we encountered was with a cockeral which was positioned in a neighbours yard outside our window he would go off at various times throughout the day and a great deal during the night which kept us awake every night and was extremely annoying. Despite this we had a great stay and would thoroughly recommend anyone to stay at the Signiture Inn

Room Tip: Try to choose one on the reception side of the hotel as this would be away from the cockeral and you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family