“average hotel”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Georgetown
Toronto, Canada
“average hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

average hotel.I stayed 4 days in July. Location is not the best. It is not in the better part of Queenstown. The staff was helpful but very forgetful....they missed 2 days breakfast instructions. Guests arriving at 1.25 a.m. made a helluva ruckus above me and while going up the stairs. My room was OK but I did not have any control of the room temperature.....it was preset at 25C to save on the electricity bill I presume. A couple of insects were seen but there was spraying late in my stay. The TV stations were limited and reception was poor. I felt relatively safe but I didn't walk about. I always used taxis. There was no soap on my first day....I got my own. Towels were not changed often. The generator worked well during power outages.
On the whole, the hotel served its purpose since I only needed it for sleeping mostly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank pudding541

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
london
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at the Signiture Inn in Georgetown for 2 weeks with my wife, her father and sister, brother in Law and their 2 young children in 3 separate rooms. We all had a lovely time in the Guest house the staff could not have been more helpful. My wife has a large family in Georgetown and the staff were passing numerous messages to us and did not charge for the vast number of local telephone call we made on the hotel phone. The rooms were spacious, very clean and well equiped with a fridge and microwave and we had hot water whenever we needed it. The beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept in.The air conditioning was a god send as it was very hot outside. We had breakfast each day and were asked what time we wanted it and could have it in the courtyard or in the room, it was of variable quality. The only problem we encountered was with a cockeral which was positioned in a neighbours yard outside our window he would go off at various times throughout the day and a great deal during the night which kept us awake every night and was extremely annoying. Despite this we had a great stay and would thoroughly recommend anyone to stay at the Signiture Inn

Room Tip: Try to choose one on the reception side of the hotel as this would be away from the cockeral and you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LondonShrewsfan
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed three days at this Inn in January 2013.The room was comfortable and the staff was polite, friendly and helpful, it was a saver to find out that they could change my money into Guyuanese dollars at a good rate, would certainly visit again and recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank esmed_13
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The good,

The front desk staff was very friendly and assisted with arranging taxis and meals.
The bedroom was very comfortable and clean, the cleaning staff ensured there were fresh towels everyday and the room was always cleaned at a good level.
The bed was comfortable and comparable to my bed at home making my sleep comfortable when there was peace and quiet.
Convenience stores and Super markets are a 10 minute walk away from the hotel (heading east). The area is reasonably safe and the stroll is enjoyable in the afternoon (with the Sun to your back).

The bad,
The room was not sealed against noise and you could have heard the courtyard below, some guests were very late to go to bed, one night they were dragging what seemed to be a cast iron object across the courtyard floor. Dogs from the neighbors next door would get into fights which would wake me up startled. These moments though short made for a very uncomfortable night sleep.
When power went the generator kicked in as loud as a tractor and was on until 5 am when it broke down - thank God... I rather do without Air Conditioning than that noise.

Breakfast is served at 7:30 am but there is no guarantee of this, if you are a business traveler I suggest you skip this to make sure you reach to your appointment on time. Twice I ordered breakfast and on both cases my order was forgotten. On the second case I called in advance to ensure I would get breakfast on time and it was still forgotten.

In spite of these issues, I would like to think that these were isolated events and that another traveler sleeping in another room at another time may not experience these issues, but if your first couple days, these complaints start to sound familiar you should pack your bags and try to go somewhere else.

Happy traveling!

Room Tip: Don't opt for rooms closer to the front, on the western end or overlooking the courtyard, it is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Allan S
Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I was at a yajna in Guyana we decide to stay at a hotel away from family and friends and our stay was great the reception Nicole was great and I feel at home.if ever I come back to Guyana this is the place and to the owner it was a delight.

Room Tip: Talk to Nicole she help u
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sue S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We book a week stay at Signature inn Guyana because we wanted time alone away from family and friends problems, the staff was very polite and courteous, the service was excellent, we felt at home away from home which made us extended our stay from one week ten days. I would definitely recommend Signature Inn to travellers of all class.
Mr & Mrs Singh Toronto

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank deo s
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked for 2 nights and ended up staying 4 nights. We stayed in room 121 complete with kitchenette, dining area, king size bed and ensuite. At $65 a night plus tax we thought this was reasonably priced. The a/c worked well and wifi was reliable. It's $300GYD ($1.50) for a taxi into Georgetown, however, we preferred to walk - the neighbourhood was fine. Breakfast was average - omelets for the first two days which were good, though the following two days of savory spread and tuna, ordinary. The staff were very friendly and helpful - from exchanging money, directions, and even a friendly hello when we passed them downtown. It was $25 and took 45 minutes by taxi to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank HanamiPrincess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown
Ramada Georgetown Princess Hotel
Baganara Island Resort
Baganara Island Resort
#1 of 2 in Bartica

Been to Signature Inn? Share your experiences!