“Mixed experience”
Review of New Thriving

New Thriving
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was taken here on my first evening in Georgetown for meal. We were seated quickly and received our drinks and menus. We ordered spring rolls as a starter to share, but what was presented as the starter did not look like spring rolls. We also ordered 3 main dishes to share, but only 2 were ever delivered, one of which was a double portion. The food that we did have was nice

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My first experience at New Thriving happened two years ago when my colleague and I were steered here by the hotel staff. You must go upstairs for a surprisingly good meal at a reasonable price. We learned that the small portions are more than adequate for one person to eat. If you go as a group and plan to share, select your portion sizes accordingly.

As far as selection, my colleagues and I tried many items and failed to get a bad one. Since we generally share our choices, we truly enjoyed the variety when we had a large group. Service is always excellent, being prompt and courteous. Prices are reasonable, even on drinks. I have since garnered an appreciation for 21 year old rum after trying some at New Thriving on a whim.

The bakery on the ground floor has some enticing offerings that you can take back to your hotel room. The restaurant does its best to keep its entrance safe. There is security out front to get you into your cab.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent Chinese Cuisine! Beautiful ambiance, friendly and professional staff; as well as good service. Friday evenings its very relaxing out on the balcony with the live steel band. Would recommend for all to experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

It is said that New Thriving is the best Chinese food in Georgetown and certainly my experience is that the food and service are excellent. The restaurant offers a fast food take away service on the ground floor while the upper floor provides for dine-in clients with an indoor and outdoor section. There is a third level for private dining by large groups. The menu is arranged with photographs of the dishes so that you can see what the various offerings look like. The service is extremely fast as meals are brought to the table within a few minutes of ordering. The decor of the entire restaurant is extremely pleasing to the eye. The waiters are attentive and knowledgeable about the items on the menu.

2  Thank Brian R
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my favourite fast chinese food place. The rice is not the best, but the low mein and soups are oh so yummy. Chicken and mushrooms (sauteed) with steamed rice is lovelyy! The service is great, whether you choose the fast food section (downstairs) or the dining section (upstairs). The prices upstairs can be different from downstairs though lol. Either way, I've been going to new thriving for over 5 years, several times a month, and they maintained their standards over the years :)

1  Thank Anna M