“Gourmet Colombia food, must try”
Review of Leo Cocina y Cava

Leo Cocina y Cava
Ranked #59 of 2,784 Restaurants in Bogota
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

When I told a friend who is from Bogota that I'd be going there, she recommended dinner at her favorite place, Leo Cocina y Cava. The food is made from Colombian ingredients but prepared with a twist. My partner and I got reservations for our first night in town and were incredibly impressed by the food and service. We had risotto, snails, octopus, lobster, and steak, all prepared in very interesting ways. (There are so many choices on the menu, we picked a few things ourselves but then asked the kitchen to also add their favorite dishes.) Chef Laura and the maitre'd Umberto were so gracious and hospitable to us. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hadn't heard of this restaurant, hadn't read about it, didn't know anything about the chef.

Went to dinner here because I was very hungry, it was steps from my hotel, and I had already tried the other two restaurants on the street.

What a pleasant surprise! I was absolutely blown away by both the menu and the service.

Only good things to say. Absolutely delicious food - one of the best meals I've had in Bogota!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

After being sorely disappointed by Colombian food for the beginning of our trip (tasteless, really), we decided to go to Leo Cocina and had an excellent meal. Their menu is very innovative and their waiter was very good at helping us select the best dishes and wine to accompany it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Leonor Espinosa, is a genius, the master Chef of Leo Cocina y Cava, creates master pieces from traditional colombian ingredients. In any place on the planet are you going to find a Corozo's Martini, or Ant spicy sauce.
If you came to Bogotá, please give you the chance to go here, is an experience you are not going to forget.
(take your camera).
Is there an option to taste like 7 different dishes, try it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Leo Cocina y Cava promises a true gourmet experience of colombian cuisine. It starts with a very rare setting and decoration overdoing it a little too much. Then comes along one of the most pretentious hosts I have ever see, believing that his restaurant should be standing in a gold pedestal. After this came the menu, ridiculously overpriced, my friends and I drank between us 8 Cokes and they cost us 40 dollars, 5 dollars each! The food was mediocre, nothing you couldn't do at home with a cookbook with the exception that they wouldn't be served in tiny portions and with pretentious dishes. Overall a waste of my time and money and I advise everybody to look other ways, there are better things to do. I would never go back

3  Thank diegoss10