“If you want to go local food”
Review of La Bonga del Sinu

La Bonga del Sinu
Ranked #404 of 2,963 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Bárbara
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Nice place and environment, very colombian traditional decor. Not a fancy place, this is more Colombian coast and main land cuisine.
I loved the banana fries with sour cream... mmmh!
Try the coconut rice, I also had a chicken soup and white fish with oven cooked yucca side
Good deserts and the local coffee is a must...
Service is nice and promt and they accept credit cards... Had a great meal (not cheap but good value) and a great time...

1  Thank Alberto B

Reviewed April 10, 2012

If you are looking for a very Colombian steakhouse, this is the place. The style of steaks and sides are from the coastal regions of Colombia (not Bogota). Not all the steaks are the same quality though. Some are just average, others are excellent. Ask for help, I cannot remember what I always order! Opt for the non-traditional sides, yucca or mash, skip the boring fries. The patacones are average.

Only real complaint was the service on the night we visited. It was very busy and we were ignored for a little while. This is not atypical for Colombian restaurants, the service rarely compares to the American standard. (Other reviewers, please keep context in mind when writing reviews about service in foreign countries.) However the staff when we were helped was very friendly, courteous as expected.

1  Thank Brendon M
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Best meat dishes and local food. It's a must if you like meat.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Im from Canada, I have had the best Gaucho meats from Hilton hotels in Niagara so I have some ground to write a review. Furthermore I love rare meat and believe it is the true way that one can judge a cook.

I invited my grandma uncle and smaller cousin, we got there and the valet parking was extra but it was only 5 dollars. We were taken with the host but we didnt like the table they gave us beside the cashier offices so they took us to the patio. I enjoyed the outdoor feel and it was still semi-private because of long pants blocking the view from the street. although some people would not enjoy the closeness of the tables. They gave us time to order and in total we ordered

Medallones de Lomo-done rare which they asked -49,000 around
Robalo pescado
Chuleta (porkchop) smoked
and a regular fried meat well done

to drink I had cuba libre and apetizier chicharron which was just enough for 3 people with the sauce which is delicious (suero)

the medallions of pork were served wit peppers on top and well presented with plaintain with cheese on top. very well done, although one of the three medallions was a bit too raw that it looked completely raw,

The porkchop was a good sized portion with the best taste of everything in my opinion, tasted like hickory smoked ham except done by hand which was a bit on the salty side but I enjoyed very much, the fish was good and the rest was ok. I had two cuba libres so I probably enjoyed everything more thanks to my heightened senselol. then two herbal teas hot, which were very well done, and one cheesecake oreo which was mediocre and my tres leches(three milk dessert) which I liked but it was bit too sweet. Overall i ENJOYED the experience and had a marvelous time with my family,

bill was 255,000.00 COP in the end, I would not comeback though, certainly would like to try other restaurants, ps they dont have ice cream for desert,

1  Thank ciklido
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This place has been changed. First, to accomodate more patrons, now the seating tables are like McDonald's just to accomodate more people. You have no privacy in your conversation as tables are in the area we were seated no more than 60 cm -2 ft- apart! We had to request a change of table.

And second, they warn you before ordering their grill items take up to 40 min due to many previous orders, even tough the restaurant was half empty. This came handy to order entrées while you wait! Was this true, in today's world there must be all kinf of technology for grills, so maybe they should invest in expanding their grill.

I do not recommend this place to anyone wishing to have an intimate lunch or dinner. It's not cheap, so for the price paid, there are several better options.