“Excellent service and food ”
Review of Niko Cafe

Niko Cafe
Ranked #190 of 3,247 Restaurants in Bogota
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapinero
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Amazing chef preparing amazing food. Consistent quality and presentation. Great service attentive to details and panache. A must try when here.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

We ordered the salmon ravioli and the risotto with fresh salmon.
Both dishes were really tasty. The risotto was top.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed April 30, 2017

Niko has been one of my favourite restaurants in Bogota for a number of years, where I have been accustomed to go with friends for a quite meal and chat. However, my latest visit was just the opposite. The first thing I noticed on entering was the restauarant had installed a television set, apparately to allow its customers to watch some Spanish football match. This immediately gave the immpresion that Niko had gone down market.The food was up to the usual standard.

When it came time to pay, the waiter brought one of those card readers designed to rip off diners using foreign credit cards. I put my credit card in the reader and the cost came up in sterling. I pressed the button to get the cost in local currency put all it did was regect my card. Tried again and for a second time my card was rejected. I therefore had to use a debit card. Whilst this was going on, the waiter was busy watching the football and didn't help.

If Niko wish to keep my custom, they will have to get rid of the television set and train there staff in the proper use of the "rip off " card readers, so that clients using foreign credit cards can easily pay in local currency.

When a customer pays a bill with a credit card in a foreign currency it costs between 6% and 10% more. This money is split between the payment service provider and the establishment. It is therefore beneficial to businesses to get their clients using foreign credit cards to pay in foreign currency. Hopefully Niko will in future not be part of this scam.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

When we arrived, the only sitting available was in the area of side walk. Since it was enclosed and had a gas warmer tower, we didnot mind. As it turned out, the day was cloudy and raining, just felt like I was at a Brasserie in <Paris. The menu was well conceived having entrees to suit everybody´s taste. We had a party of 7 and everyone was pleased with their choices. One thing we all agreed, was their Desserts....Fantastic. Out waiter was very attentive and very polite...he did not mind our asking questions about dishes. It was a very enjoyable Brunch. I will certainly would go back again.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

We have come back a few times now to Niko cause we just cannot get enough of the wonderful food. Soups and mains are great, and my wife cannot get enough of the grilled veggie platter. We highly recommend this place.